+ Reply to Thread

Critical communications services have failed to start? Please help with this problem

Ok
    I have had my xv6600 since before it came out with very few problems and I still love it but now all of a sudden when I go to backup the phone just in case of a hard reset I can't. When active synch goes to detect the phone it says "Critical communications services have failed to start. Please reset the device and try again." I of course reset the device 100 times and tried various connections but it just will not work. Now I did upgrade to the 2.03.00 rom last month but had backed up the phone several times since then with no problems. Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to solve this? I got to be able to backup my phone.
    Check out <a href="http://www.MyXV6600.com" class="normal" target="_blank">MyXV6600.com</a> the only site dedicated to the 6600 series of phones.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Since you've never backed up your phone, you should definitely do a backup.

Worst way: use Xbackup, found in start menu-> programs

best way: use Sprite Backup, available for cheap purchase on the web. (No I get nothing from this except the deep personal satisfaction that I turned you on to the best backup utility in the world... and one which is recommended on this forum, others, and which I use twice daily.

The activesynch problem you're experiencing is another issue. Sounds like a PC misconfiguration... Do your backup first, and when you got that all working, come on back and we'll work that one out.

Ehud

Ok Boss, the same thing happened to me back in Novemeber (don't know how it happened but it did). Your problem tells me that you need to "remove" Activsync on your PC (desktop/laptop)and re-install it. Be advised that it might actually take more than once to do it. I had to do it twice before everything worked again. BTW, re-install with the latest version of Activesync. It should work (eventually).

i have backed up my phone 100's of times this is the first time I have had a problem. I also already use sprite backup but I can not use it with these active synch problems. I am going to try and reinstall active synch now. I hope it works.

Thanks
    Check out <a href="http://www.MyXV6600.com" class="normal" target="_blank">MyXV6600.com</a> the only site dedicated to the 6600 series of phones.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    > Check out MyXV6600.com the only site dedicated to the 6600 series of phones.

Sounds like if you're going to shill for your own website, the least you could do is either
    1. tell the truth
    or
    2. solve the problem

Since you can't do either, seems you could either
    1. tell the truth
    or
    2. look to yourself to solve your own problem.

disgusting.

E