+ Reply to Thread

Mini Bluetooth V1.2 headset Kit

I recently purchased this Bluetooth headset and have been impressed. I am not a Guru by any means and was a little concerned about getting this set up and running with my XV6600. But when I found how easy it was, I thought I would put up a simple post for thoes of us that wanted a step by step procedure.

I purchased the headset from: Meritline.com

My PDA is a Verizon XV6600 Running 1.36 ROM - As received from Verizon.

I downloaded the PDA2K_BroadcomCorp_BTUpdate.cab Cab File and coppied it to my SD Card. From the file explorer on my PDA, I selected the file and it installed with out any issue

[SOFT RESET]

I then followed the Pairing instructions for the Headset (Not the High quality Audio). Entered the Pairing code and let the pocket pc complete the pairing.

[SOFT RESET]

Back to the Bluetooth Manager and then paired the High Quality Audio. I had trouble with this step when I first tried the pairing. I had to do the [SOFT RESET] between paring to get this to work.

To use the high quality Audio, you must manually establish the link each time. This is simple, a little annoying, but manageable. First, go into Bluetooth Manager and Select the High Quality Audio Shortcut. When you select the shortcut, the speaker on the PPC drops out, and the sound now goes through the new headset.

Quality of the Audio is great, and it manages incoming calls Very well. When a call comes in, you get a ring and your Audio is paused.

I have not had a chance to try the other functions, but so far the straight audio functions are working very well.

I hope this helps someone, Comments are very welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mini Bluetooth V1.2 headset Kit-meritline_1879_54054687.jpg  
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

Cougerat said the volume was fairly loud. What is your impression. I like it LOUD!

Can you play it at full pop without a issue? I want to be able to barely stand how loud it is at about 3/4 volume!
    Verizon xv6600

I would have to agree on the volume. I mostly use it for PODCAST's and do not really CRANK it. This unit will create "enough" volume to clearly hear it in a noisy room. It will not create enough volume to really blast music.

Also, the volume on the unit is completly independant of the PPC. You can not boost the PPC and then Boost the headset expecting it to get louder.
    Verizon XV6600WOC

Volume varies with the player being used--BetaPlayer and GSPlayer are noticeably louder than Windows Media Player. Even with WMP, I generally have to down the volume down, notwithstanding my substantial hearing loss.
    It should be noted that you will need to memorize the button functions, as the markings have worn off the side buttons on mine after a few weeks of use.
    It should also be noted that if the sound starts deteriorating, it's time to recharge the battery.
    Particularly when used with BetaPlayer (now known as TCPMP), the sound quality is better than any other headset I have used with the 6601--although I may not be the best judge of sound quality due to tinnitus and hearing loss resulting from flying too many airborne communications reconnaissance patrol missions with the USAF during the SEA War back in the late 60's.
    Mick

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    Im gonna have to build one of these into my dash and route it through my stereo. ive been looking for a way to make my own DIY car audio kit

id have to hardwire the power
    could easily rewire the greenand red buttons -they map to talk and end im guessing?

I see four other buttons -i assume 2 are for volume. what are the other 2 for?
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

Originally posted by Disgruntledtech
    I see four other buttons -i assume 2 are for volume. what are the other 2 for?
    Forward and Reverse- Not sure if they actually work, I will try some music files today and see what I come up with.

I do know that the phone button on the front will pause the Media player and pick up a call

It would be great if you could also hard wire the Microphone into the visor and make a completely hands free devise.

How do you plan get the audio in to the stereo in the Car? I would love to do the same, and right now I am using a FM modulator - Sucks!
    Verizon XV6600WOC

Just got it!!!! Sound quality is pretty good, but I wish this unit was louder! The buttons all work great, but I wish this unit was louder!
    I had "0" issues pairing this unit. Didn't have to do all the work sphinx88 had to do. Fired up with High quality Audio no problems!
    I just wish this unit was louder!

Still on the hunt!
    Verizon xv6600