Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wifi Dun

Wifi Dun

sup all

you know the app we run on our pdas called wmodem?

is it possible to add an entry for wifi?

im in my aunts house and she has a wifi router....my computer is back in the bedroom and im connected at like 10-15KB ...paying for broadband and they dont even have it here in topeka ks (GRRRR)

anyhow i have the audiovox 6600 with cam default rom.

1 more thing i have a national access plan (i just switched from my old grandfathered local digital that had mou) whatever it was i never got charged for using mins as long as it was off peak

i have the broadband pda package for $49.00mo

could i drop that and still use 1x network during off peak and not get charged extra

thanks
    dont forget about the wifi dun Q

when ppl ask questions it dont seem like anyone answers them anymore

Possibly *too* converged! Gare_NY's Avatar
    A pre-requisite to having a question answered, is to make an attempt at utilizing proper English.

I can't speak for others here, but personally, when I see a question like this, where the poster "talks" in IM-speak and can't even complete a sentence, I just move on.

Short answer to one of your questions that I was actually able to decipher - wmodem has nothing to do with wifi. This device does not come with Wifi. You need to purchase a separate hardware solution for this purpose. Did you even read the specs of the device that you bought??

And is it really so hard to use proper capitalization? The only people that get a pass for using all lower-case are e.e.cummings and k.d. lang.

Gare
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Originally posted by m16_maniac
    when ppl ask questions it dont seem like anyone answers them anymore
    The many people who knew the answers were told to "be nice" to people just like this one.

It's much easier, as Gare_NY said, to just move on.

Isn't that so much nicer.

E

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    You see, the problem is that most people who read the boards and are capable of answering questions like yours with the depth and accuracy needed to provide you with a meaningful answer (and I do not include myself in that group) and even those well-intentioned amateurs who might at least be capable of pointing you in the right direction (my group) are doing this on their own time - generally from a love of learning and exploring.

When we encounter a post that we have to decypher/decrypt, it becomes easier for us to move on to another area. You're free to post in any way that you see fit, but you have to recognize the consequences of how you choose to communicate with others. If it becomes work for me to read your post, you need to provide compensitory value.

This doesn't mean you have to kiss up or kowtow to anyone. It does mean that you have to provide a simple but detailed "Problem-Attempted Resolution-Specific Request for Help" message format if you want to improve the results you get.

Adding capitalization and a recognizable english sentence structure will help. Strunk and White's "Stylist and Handbook" is the premier reference in this area if you're interested.

Ehud,

I waited for you to take the lead on this one, but I eventually had to step in. However, I still left the door open for you to comment on the search function.

Gare
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'

i stand by my "Q"

"sup all

is it possible to add an entry for wifi?"

from there on i would assume everyone that uses wmodem would completely understand what im trying to do.

instead i get 4-5 replies talking about how i posted?

here it is one more time

"sup all

is it possible to add an entry for wifi?"

note: look at my thread topic that should be a dead give away what im asking

Moderators, please remove this moron.

Ehud

Re: Wifi Dun

Originally posted by m16_maniac
    sup all

Meaningless

I run no such thing. Meaningless.

is it possible to add an entry for wifi?
    Meaningless

im in my aunts house and she has a wifi router....my computer is back in the bedroom and im connected at like 10-15KB ...paying for broadband and they dont even have it here in topeka ks (GRRRR)
    Nobody cares, d00d, it's meaningless.

anyhow i have the audiovox 6600 with cam default rom.
    "Default" rom is meaningless

1 more thing i have a national access plan (i just switched from my old grandfathered local digital that had mou) whatever it was i never got charged for using mins as long as it was off peak
    meaningless

i have the broadband pda package for $49.00mo
    I'm sure if I cared who your carrier is it might not be meaningless but as is... it's meaningless.

could i drop that and still use 1x network during off peak and not get charged extra
    meaningless

thanks
    dont forget about the wifi dun Q
    [/QUOTE]

Don't forget that when you provide no useful information, do so in an illiterate manner, and demand an answer whe you haven't received one you're only making yourself out to be a moron.

Ehud

ive gotten into it with you b4 ehdu please back off

all i did is ask a simple Q

topic = wifi dun
    Q = can wifi dun be done with wmodem

read the topic read my Q and answer if you want

but dont go trying to be a troll

telling me i demand thats funny

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    you asked a dumb question and were given a response. its not Ehuds fault it wasnt in Im speak so you could understand it.

E, ive studied the primitive language used by these people so ill try to translate gares response

wmodem has nothing to do with wifi. This device does not come with Wifi. You need to purchase a separate hardware solution for this purpose. Did you even read the specs of the device that you bought??
    lol

thats a funny name

do you have an m16

no?

neither do i but is my fav weap in GTA

aneewayz, you Q wuz about wifi

the audiovox 6600 doesnt get teh wifi

yoo cuold + wifi 2 it if you gots yourself a wifi card thingees

but even after you are hooking up wifi card that wmodem proggy is stupid and still wont have no wifi modem.

----------------------------------------

or the simple answer:

NO
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

I'm not that good at the language of the young people these days, but I'll give it a go:

Ahem...

What is up, "G"?

Yo, this 6600 is the bomb, yo?

Me and my homies...

Ok, I can't do this. Ugh.. I feel so dirty..

Anyway, homeslice, if you refer back to my original post, I mentioned that you must buy a separate hardware solution for Wifi. I will translate this for you - "You need to spend money on a WIFI SD card". Yo.

Since Ehud hasn't mentioned it yet (slacker ) I'll post this link to an SD wifi card that has been mentioned here, and that you would have found via a simple search :

Just Got The Socket E300 Wifi Card

Also please be sure to search before asking if 1) your device can do GPS, 2) you can listen to MP3's on your Bluetooth headset, or 3) if you can convert your 6600 into a radar detector.

Peace out, dog.

Gare

U B down with the 411, dawgz

E

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Originally posted by Disgruntledtech
    you asked a dumb question and were given a response. its not Ehuds fault it wasnt in Im speak so you could understand it.

E, ive studied the primitive language used by these people so ill try to translate gares response

lol

thats a funny name

do you have an m16

no?

neither do i but is my fav weap in GTA

aneewayz, you Q wuz about wifi

the audiovox 6600 doesnt get teh wifi

yoo cuold + wifi 2 it if you gots yourself a wifi card thingees

but even after you are hooking up wifi card that wmodem proggy is stupid and still wont have no wifi modem.

----------------------------------------

or the simple answer:

NO
    OMG. You have made my top 10 posts for the month - possibly for the year. Is it too early to say Oscar nominee??

i am NOT asking if my pda (that i have pwned for 6 months) has wifi

b4 i bought this $599.00 pda i think i read every feature it has ( how about you)

im asking if i had a wifi sd card (which you should have figured out) and how would i use my computer to connect to net through the pda to the wifi router

i feel like im explaining this to a 2 year old

1 computer
    1 pda
    1 wifi sd card
    1 wifi router

how do i get computer to surf net using the pda to link to computer and wifi router?

WMODEM WIFI SELECTION ?

get it now?

> get it now?

Yes, you're an illiterate moron who refuses to adapt despite various people trying to be helpful and tell you how to do so, and this thread should have been closed a few days ago like I suggested.

Get it?

Ehud
    PS You don't pwn anything.

dont have any help to offer then dont reply

several ppl in this thread have attempted to hijack this thread by turning it into a grammar lesson thread and on top of that done several attacks on me.

now i have explained my Q more then 1 time

if you dont know the A dont reply

if you want to reply please be specific on how to achieve what im asking

Think of this forum like a huge library, full of helpful librarians, other patrons, and the occasional docent.

When a person walks in with a question, he's directed to the answer, the card catalog, the right section of the library, or a patron who already has the answer in his hands.

However, when a petulant child walks in, yells at everyone, demands answers, and tells the librarians that he WON'T shush, and that they won't tell him how to act... he's thrown out.

Ehud

you have tried over and over to get me to cut down ppl like most of you have but espicially Ehud

i am to smart to take the bait....

i stand by my original and modified question

still waiting

you are dumb

Holy crap. You can't use your Verizon data access on your PDA with a wifi SD card as a WAN connection to your wifi router to get access on you desktop or laptop computer. The wifi SD card could connect to the router if it was sharing a broadband connection, but sadly for you that isn't the case.
    If you want to use your phone's internet capability as a modem for your computer you can do it through USB or Bluetooth, and that has been covered in other threads so SEARCH for it.
    As for Verizon's broadband vs. 1xRTT data access, I don't know and don't care because I have Sprint.

And I'm not sure why you Aunt has a router with no broadband access, and I hope this thread gets closed.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast