+ Reply to Thread

Work email to PPC6600:

I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop here at the office. Yesterday I installed ActiveSync to have my device sync w/it. While in the cradle, whenever I receive email, it will also show up on the device. I talked to our IT group about having my email show up on the device when it's not connected to the cradle (in other words, wirelessly). They told me that they don't have Remote Access Server hardware to do that. So in the meantime, I have a rule in Outlook to redirect my incoming mail to my Google mail address. So last night at home, if I wanted to see if I had received email to my work email address, I would go to my device and select my Google account and have it download the messages. Is there a way to have that periodically download to my device w/out doing it manually? Or have my phone "beep" to let me know that I have new mail on my Google account?

search for sprint business connect.

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Search on "Outlook forward email"

Look for the OWA forwarding thread started by Hobbes.

Service Forwarding OWA emails?

You can also search for "gmail", I think there are a couple of threads discussing the relative merits of how to connect

w/out signing up for Sprint Business Connect.

Administrator

We have the same...........which from home, I can log in to my work email. However, with the redirect setup to my Gmail account, I'd like Google to push that to my device whenever I get new mail.

OTA AS

I was not aware that you needed Remote Access Sevrver to AS OTA, though it would take some firewall modifications. If they are running Exchange 2003, you can access via OMA (Outlook Mobile Access), which is OWA for the mobiel browsers. Seeing as we have Windows Mobile 2003, dont hold you breath for the new push email from Exchange Service Pack 2(or is it 3?), it will require WM2005.
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

"staceman"

Funny seeing that, that's a nickname some guys here came up for me about 17 years ago.............YCATS backwards is Stacy.

I don't having my Microsoft Outlook email redirected to my Gmail account. I just wish there was a way that Google (gmail) could then send/download it after it receives messages.

correction: I don't mind having my Microsoft................