+ Reply to Thread

what can cause hard resets?

I had three hard resets on my ppc6600 over the weekend for no apparent reason. I know it happens from time to time, and it's usually not a big thing because everything I care about is either on the storage card or in outlook at work. But three within 24 hours has me concerned about my beloved dork-u-lator.

Has not been dropped (recently)
    Nothing out of the ordinary installed, no today plug ins
    Battery was at 24% when the first reset occurred, that was the first thing i checked when it came back up
    Battery does not appear to be loose

How do I know whether I have a dying device or just a bunch of annoying coincidences? Anything I can check into?

tia
    ppc6700 (R.I.P. 6600)
    Sprint

Administrator
    welcome to the smartphone world! things happen on these hybrid phones with no reason why. it could be any combination of things... program, some corrupt file that may or may have not gotten synced properly. loose battery... anything...

My xv6600 had a couple of hard resets over a couple of weeks. I've since had it replaced by VZW and haven't had one reset with the replacement unit (still using a Mugen battery).

After getting the new unit, I noticed how much tighter the screen slide felt. One of the resets I had happened as I was opening the slide on my original phone, so I wonder if there was something coming loose between the two halves of the unit?
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

thanks for the responses. I'm gonna sit tight, if I see another one, maybe I'll head into sprint's local gadget hospital.

thanks again!
    ppc6700 (R.I.P. 6600)
    Sprint