+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Built in alarm

Built in alarm

I've got a XV6600 with the 2.04 ROM. I've noticed the last couple of days that my alarm clock isn't going off. I've had it set for the same time/days for a couple months, and now all of a sudden it's not going off.

I tested it by setting the second alarm two minutes ahead of current time, and the alarm went off fine, but it's not working in the mornings when I need it to wake me up.

This could potentially be a big problem for me, since I'm using it as my alarm clock when I travel.

Has anyone else had a problem like this, or an idea of what is going on?

P.S. If there is another thread on this problem somewhere, sorry...I tried the forum search, but I kept getting this error message that said "There must be something wrong with pdaphonehome's database, try again later".

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

i had similar problems and found some free apps to try and fix it. the one i'm using is wakeuptweak which seems to help so far. i also found some alarm software on somevfrench website that people recommended but haven't needed it since using the wakeup tweak. i'll see if i can find a link to post.

thanks for the reply...I'll see if I can't find a decent third party app then...kinda bummed because I like how easy it was to use the built in one

Try SPB Clock.... a nice full-screen clock anytime you want it, countdown timers, stopwatch and alarms.

Cheers!
    I think we're gonna need a bigger hammer........

the wakeup tweak seems to fix the bug that prevents the built in alarm from triggering. http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=876

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.