+ Reply to Thread

6600 related......I bought the bluetooth mini>

stereo headset the other day and it works great, just the volumes too low for me. Anyway it only uses a usb charger cable!!!!!! I found a male receptical plug from another device I had laying around that has a usb female outlet and it is rated at 5.0Vdc, 1.0A, 5W (MAX) .
    Is this the standard output that a computer USB outlet would have (which is what the BT HS needs), and then mabe I could use this to charge my BT Stereo HS?????

On the BT HS package it says ;
    Power...........250mAh Lithium-polymer battery
    Charging.......5V from power adapter or any USB port

I need to know if this charger is too big, as it says" 1.0A "????
    I don't want to burn the BT HS up!
    And I use this for my XV6600!!!!!!!

Any input from the techy gurus would be of great help!
    Thanks in advance!
    Z1
    Verizon xv6600

Forever Confused
    My guess is yes. I would think that it means it can push up to 1.0A if the device will take it. But that is just a guess. And as far as the volume, I’m on my second S Clip from itech, (first was destroyed) and found that these were a lot quieter than the first. So I swapped the ear buds out and they were much better. I also modified the mini somewhat too. I’ll post a pic on that later. But it dealt with changing the ear buds again.

Forever Confused
    I used the wiring from my first itech clip and spliced it into the mini
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6600 related......I bought the bluetooth mini>-picture-1.jpg  

Originally posted by cougargt
    I used the wiring from my first itech clip and spliced it into the mini
    Great idea!!!!! I love the tonal quality of the supplied earbuds, but the factory 6600 earbuds are much louder and have a volume control on the wire which I like (if a incoming call comes in and is too loud you can turn it down on the wire) !
    I'm going to go to verizon and see if they have the same earbuds with volume control and then splice them!
    I'll let you know if it works!
    I need the volume because i drive a deisel truck!
    Verizon xv6600

Can you post some info on this mini? Is it a clip like the itech? Does it have a built in mic on the clip, or is it on the ear phones? Can you use regular headphones with it or does it take a special size? Does it have a dongle hanging off it like the itech clip s35?