+ Reply to Thread

Im sure this is an easy question but...

What program do you all use to look at adobe files that are emailed to you?.

I would like to know how to open them.
    Thanks
    Dan
    Thanks

Dan

If you go to the adobe website you can download a free application that opens reader documents on a ppc. Its big and not very good but I don't get that many acrobat documents so it hasn't been worth paying for one of the commercial apps (clearview, e.g.) but others may know of better free/inexpensive solutions.

The adobe viewer first doesn't work all that well on the 6600. Second, it won't let you view attachments - the adobe viewer needs to have the document converted by activesync before it'll work.

Clearview does not (I believe) require the file be converted, so it should work. I tried it out, but since I was trying to view a 70 MB file, it didn't go so well
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Originally posted by IanArgent
    Second, it won't let you view attachments - the adobe viewer needs to have the document converted by activesync before it'll work.
    Huh??

I recieve PDF files as e-mail attachments all the time on my 6600 and they open fine.

I did have to convert them when I used Palm devices...

Yeah, he's wrong.

E

Not the first time- won't be the last. OTOH, while I never got it working on my harrier - I swear it had to convert on my iPAQ. Maybe that's the difference between the 1.0 and 2.0 for PPC?
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

Do these ClearVue viewers (PDF/PPT) play nicely with Voice Command?
    Verizon XV6700 - Sony HBH660 - Globalsat BT338 GPS - AData 2GB miniSD - Parrot CK3100.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr69
    Do these ClearVue viewers (PDF/PPT) play nicely with Voice Command?
    Everything plays nicely.

Voice Command is what doesn't play nicely.

See also http://www.myehud.com/xv6600/faq/#cpl

Ehud

Quote Originally Posted by Ehud
    Everything plays nicely.

Voice Command is what doesn't play nicely.

See also http://www.myehud.com/xv6600/faq/#cpl

Ehud
    OK, so after installing this cab, my today screen went away, as in it just shows a dead image of what was on the screen before. After 2 soft resets and playing with some options in the today screen control panel, it came back. Everything is well again. Thanks.

Oh, also, since ClearVue doesn't show up under remove programs, is there another way to remove it besides a hard reset?
    Verizon XV6700 - Sony HBH660 - Globalsat BT338 GPS - AData 2GB miniSD - Parrot CK3100.

The old version of acrobat reader, acrobatreader-ppc2002, works for me without any major problems, just make sure you exit when you are done reading (don't leave it running in the background). There are many places where it is available, but this is one of them - http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/acror.../pocketpc/?S=A and look for acrobatreader-ppc2002.exe. This should work for you, and it's free.