+ Reply to Thread

Leather skin type case for PPC6600

I am looking for a case for my 6600 that is not a leather flip or metal case.

I am wanting a tight fitting leather case that has a belt clip.

Is there any maker that makes one like the one below for the treo 650?

Any help would be great!

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--203.htm

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Were the cases mentioned in the FAQ/new user threads not any good?

Ehud

There were a LOT of cases in that thread that were pretty cool. I am a network Engineer and take calls all the time. I was looking for something like a thin slip on skin that has a swivel clip for the belt and I could quickly grab the phone and look whos calling.

The fold over leather cases are nice but the the leather flap would get old after about the 50th call of the day.

Maybe I need to look into the plastic holster.

BTW these phone are a Network Engineers dream. I can configure routers, VPN, telnet, terminal server, VNC and more from this great device.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Yes! I assume you know about pocket PuTTY...

E

Krusell has a case you may be interested in.

Krusell Dynamic Case

I hope to get one soon, I am growing tired of the included case.

Euphorically Confused
    If you are taking that many calls every day, get a bluetooth headset and voice command. Then the phone will tell you who is calling and you do not even have to get it out. You could just answer from the headset and continue on with your Network Engineering.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

Originally posted by theman2000
    The fold over leather cases are nice but the the leather flap would get old after about the 50th call of the day.

Maybe I need to look into the plastic holster.
    I have a hard time trying to find a case for this that doesnt add to much bulk but still allows for keyboard use. I have the plastic holder, but I don't think it keeps it secure enough and I always worried it will pop and break.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600--> PPC 6600

Geek
    I love the leather flip top. Of course, I have fully converged and put my wallet into the confines of my Piel Frama. I can unclip, unsnap, and flip faster than I can get to most flip top or even normal sized cell phones.
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

I am a network admin and take quite a few calls, as well as looking at my phone alot to check emails, etc.

I decided on the Krusell horizontal case. Some of the main reasons are the holder for sd cards, so that I can keep my wifi card close by and in reach, and also the full protection of the phone. I'm sure those of you who work in server rooms know that you never know when some random rail or something will sneak out and bite you. It's not really that bad to pull it up out of the case either.

One thing about Krusell cases are the clips. The clip sucks. I have to wear mine through the belt loop. The case that came with the phone has a better clip on it than Krusell has.

EDIT: The closest you're going to get to what you're looking for is probably the plastic holster. Make sure you have insurance on the phone.
    PDA Phone History:
    Toshiba 2032SP (2003-2005) -> Hitachi G1000 (2005) -> PPC-6600 (2005-2006) -> PPC-6700 (2006 - 8 days to be exact) -> Treo 700wx

Originally posted by Ehud
    Yes! I assume you know about pocket PuTTY...

E
    Now I do!!! Thanks.

I was using the TTY program. Putty is much better.

The Krusell Dynamic Case is exactly what I am looking for. I also did get insurance as well.