+ Reply to Thread

Upgrading a Telus PPC-6600

Well, after spending the last week searching through this and many other sites I've finally decided to just ask for help.

I have a Telus phone and I'm trying to figure out if any upgrades are available to maybe help improve battery life, bluetooth connectivity, etc.

Now, I know that the 2.04 update originally came from a telus phone, but I'm wondering if it's possible to update my phone any further to take care of some of the little annoyances. Here's my phone's current status:

ROM version: 2.04.00 WWE
    ROM date: 01/26/05
    Radio version: HA01_147
    Protocol version: AA3.3.301
    PRL version: 27241
    ExtROM version: 2.04.115 WWE
    Hardware version: 0041
    Browser Version: MSIE 6.0

BT 3900B w/ broadcom patch for high quality stereo

So, can I upgrade the radio? I know that the verizon stack has the 151 radio (and it's EVDO right?). The 6600 was supposed to go EVDO here (Canada) but it looks like Telus abandoned that idea.

Also, is BT 1.2 available for the 6600? I could have sworn that the first time I installed the BT 3900B it showed up as BT 1.2, but now it's only showing up as 1.00

Any help is greatly appreciated, even if you can just point me in the right direction to find the info. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dex128; 01-21-2006 at 01:21 PM.

Euphorically Confused
    Edit your ESN out of the post.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

Thanks! So what now? Should I be expecting people to be using my number in some bad way?

Does your 6600 have a green sticker on the box saying it is EVDO?

If so...call Telus. They will upgrade you to a 6700 for free. It was an error on their part.

PM ME for the # for Telus