+ Reply to Thread

Egress and Hard Resets

I had a bomb-proof installation until I installed this podcast reader. Now, usually in the middle of a read it goes down hard. I have reinstalled. I assume that unless I hear from others with this problem, I better go back to a backup from before I installed and reinstall it.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I used it for weeks. No problems.

E

I've been using it for almost a year, and have never had Egress caouse a problem on the phone. My only beef with it is that if it's caching an enclosure, it will sometimes hang and you can't cancel it, but that's never caused a problem that caused a backup.

Maybe you have a corrupt OPM file or a bad feed somewhere?
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Jerry,

I had issues when it was installed on my SD card. My reliability dramatically improved after re-installing the program to Main Memory and then pointing the Storage Location to my SD Card. (Under Options / Storage). The only issue I have is a random error [Can not locate OPML File]. I select OK and it is back to normal operation.

I also deselected Egress from the Today Screen, (Personal Preference) but that combination seemed to make a stable install.
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

Thanks, this is very helpful.

I have gone back to an old pre-egress bombproof era back-up and not having problems with reboots.

What seems to happen is that the program hangs if I have trouble downloading a large (say 18MB) via ActiveSync, which is not surprising. Unfortunately, when I try to do a soft-reboot while hung, the whole thing crashes hard.

I had it installed in main memory.

After I get another good clean back-up, I'll try a reinstall. I had no problems with download via Sprint Vision (1X), but it is so slow as to be impractical.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz