+ Reply to Thread

Realign screen too often

It seems like I have to utilize the Screen Align function on my smartphone 3-4 times a day, on days when I use my PPC 660 a lot.

If I don't realign the screen the the spot where I tap and the action on the screen don't match (duh).

But why does the screen go out of alignment and is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

BTW, this is my first post.

Thanks a bunch.
    FP

hardware issue. on my IPAQ this happens if it's been in my pocket just part of the day and I have had to hard reset often just to do the screen alignment as there wasn't a way to get to that screen just by using the buttons. (this is an IPAQ from 6 years ago which I still mess with sometimes)
    You should take it in to the sprint store (it may take 2 or 3 trips to be honest) and let the techs take a look at it and hopefully they will give you a new 6600 if they got one.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Is there a possibility that removing the "alignment" program and reinstalling it will make a difference?

If so, is that even possible?

I've been searching for that specific program on my PPC and can't find it.

My phone's warranty has expired and I am fearful of the cost of repairing hardware.

FP

it's a harware issue, your software has nothing to do w/ it. You should have the lockline insurance on a phone this expensive hopefully.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png