+ Reply to Thread

Pocket PC as mobile storage device

I have a 6600 and i take it pretty much everwhere with me along with a sync cable to charge with, on alot of the computers i don't have permissions to install activesync so i can't get access to anything on the phone. I was wondering if there is a program or setting i can change that can make a pocket pc show up as a usb thumbdrive or something similar. I figure if I'm going to put a 2 gb sd card in the phone i would be nice to use that as mobile storage too. thanks

quick solution is to keep a usb card reader with you I guess and just plug that into the computer w/ your SD card. the transfer rate will be much quicker too.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Robplatt pointed me towards Card Export- a handy little utility that allows you to toggle your ppc between active sync and a digital storage device. I've been using it for my xbox 360 - but it also works great for other computers without active sync. There's a free trial but it's well worth the $20
    http://www.softick.com/download.php

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    If the other computers have Bluetooth, you can just run file transfers over BT with no additional equipment. It's slow, but it works. Probably best for smaller files.

Thanks alot, I'll give it a try

Thumbs up Just Tried Card Export

This is Great...I've been looking for something like this. Works as advertised. It's $15 at the link posted above.

The only thing I would change is the little icon in the bottom right corner. I would rather have it available thru the start menu.

Thanks...Brad
    Sprint PPC-6700