+ Reply to Thread

substitute for the desktop cradle

Finally got around to getting the EB case. Nice piece. However, I cannot use the cradle w/o removing the ppc-6601 from the EB case. So I'm wondering what others use at home for combined charging / USB syncing.

As you know, our cradle has both a USB connection for data transfer and a direct AC adapter for charging. I have used the boxwave minisync with versacharger when traveling, but it always seemed to me that when plugged into the wall it charged the device more slowly than the cradle. Am I imagining this? Also, you cannot charge from the wall and sync via USB at the same time. Charging occurs over USB, but it is very slow. Are there other options for simultaneous charging and USB syncing besides the original cradle?

Thx,

Jeff
    Sprint PPC-6601, ROM 3500, Akono HBH-300

This device supports two charge modes - Low current (<1A) and High current (up to 3A). The cradle supports either mode (depending on whether you plug in the AC adapter or not). USB ports can supply 1A max, hence the low current charge mode. You can purchase a USB sync cable which has a tubular connector on the 22 pin connector to the unit, which allows you to plug in the AC adapter and charge in high current mode while syncing.

The cable is made by Audiovox (PN: DICU5500B) and sells for around $20.

For example, doing a quick search this place has it for $24.99:

http://www.cellularforless.com/show_item.cfm?id=5066&model_id_new=10878

Perfect! Thanks a bunch,

Jeff
    Sprint PPC-6601, ROM 3500, Akono HBH-300