+ Reply to Thread

*2 Sprint Update?

I got a text message from SprintPCS saying to dial *2 for a free update.

I did this and it updated my phone to something. It all went quick, and I had a hard time seeing what it was doing but it said something like this:

OTA pop up box that said SPL unlocked, and then another one that said PRL activated, and 1 more I missed.

It then told me to press ok to reset, which it did.

Does anyone know what was updated on my phone?

I have a PPC-6600.

Thanks!

Probably just a PRL upgrade

I had mine do the same thing. (about 2 days ago)
    It upgraded my PRL to 10030.

I had the same thing happen to me over the weekend. Didn't do anything to my phone (AFAIK), I'm still at PRL 10025.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzums
    I had the same thing happen to me over the weekend. Didn't do anything to my phone (AFAIK), I'm still at PRL 10025.
    I saw a similar thing. It said it updated, but I'm still at 10026.

btf

Same here now I'm up to PRL10030 from 27 I think???

it updated your preferred roaming list, mainly used to save sprint money and may help you out in roaming a bit. besides that not much else. This points your phone towards roaming towers that sprint has an agreement with.

Hi Tech Trader
    Hmmmm, if your PRL version did not change but you had the update go through, then I wonder if something else was done related to the proposed EVDO upgrade? If any of you have the time and knowledge, you may want to try the beta upgrade upped my colonel in that thread.

However, be forewarned, that it probably wont work (my theory is a longshot, since more users are not reporting gettting the text), and if you dont have the know-how to flash back or have EVDO in your area, then dont waste your time, it will only cause your trouble.

That being said, I still think its very odd that the update reports as successful, yet your PRL version remains the same.

wow I took alook at my PRL version and mine is 05005 is that normal...my carrier is Cellular south....
    I want that..and two of those, and..a case of those, and..oo! caffeinated soap! I'll take a bar of that, and a pair of those..... and ... OOH!!!!!
    www.thinkgeek.com

If you subscribe to PCS Business Connection, you may want to take a look at your PCS Biz Conn Mail and Calendar settings. I received this update a few weeks ago and it allowed me to change the maximum number of email messages from 75 to 300.