+ Reply to Thread

Question should i.. i dont know if i should

hey ok.. i currently have a Treo 600.. i have been having many thoughts about upgrading my phone to a different os... i opted not to go with symbian or blackberry and am going to go into the Pocket PC... i am with verizon and i just wanted to know.... do you think this phone is worth the money? (250$) its either this or the ugly samsung i600 or i700... i cant afford a treo700W... although it is really nice...

to me it looks rather bulky... it looks like a paperweight.... but sure does have some nice features... but ive never had a pocket Pc PDA before... is there a good selection of freeware out there? how well does the 6600 work? i am just curious about all of this... it lloks so fragile and i am a clumsy person too...

what kind of commen problems are there?

i am a busy person otherwise i would search the fourm... so if you guys could help that would be AWSOME

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    It is way more fragile than a Treo, but you should be Ok if you aren't dropping it all the time. Bottom line is you can't have the bigger display of this device, without the device being bigger, right?

As for the other question you asked... well, I think most everyone else around here is busy as well. Its possible someone will do your research for you, however it won't be "your" research then... so if you really want to be satisfied with your purchase, grab a cup of java , or a beer if that suits you better
    , and spend yourself an hour or so researching this thing in our vast information base. You will be much happier in the end than if you relied on someone just winging a couple of thoughts off their head to you.
    Mike - Been Converged?

yea thats true... but i dont mind my 180X180 screen... its just got such a bad color saturation...

yea i do need to do some research... i will get mywayinto it... its just so many pages!!!!!!!

i was just wondering if anyone would be able to pop off any common issues that they knew about

Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver
    yea i do need to do some research... i will get mywayinto it... its just so many pages!!!!!!!

i was just wondering if anyone would be able to pop off any common issues that they knew about
    All convergent technology is buggy pal! I LOVE this unit for sooooo many reasons!!!!! Screen size is just one of them(altho SIZE does matter! ) And 128 MB flash ROM doesn't hurt!
    Z1
    Verizon xv6600

I switched to the Samsung i730 for about 2 months and have just recently switched back to the xv6600 due to screen size and more programmable buttons plus I have a 3550 mAh battery for the xv6600 and like the battery life better.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Your Money

I have had mine for about 4 months....I have issues with bluetooth connection and locking up...reseting due to lockups..and other minor things...

With that said I am glad to deal with all of them for what works great and fits my needs. So evaluate your needs and then look at the post and see if the phone will work in those areas.

Where here to help "I think"
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Exclamation Treo might be better

Hey ironsoulreaver,
    I might get flamed a little, but this is what i have to say about the vx6600. It is a good handheld for people that always use it and dont mind the lockups and slow-downs caused by the WindowsOS. Before this device i had only one other WinCE device which had almost no slow down.
    Also for the last two years i used a PalmOS device and i consider it superior in some ways to the vx6600. Though my palm handhelds were not smartphones, i asume that the simplicity of the palmOS does carry though to the treo650. The problem that u might have with that device is a small screen, but the number of accessories that are present for the treo are also grater then for the vx (which by the way might be removed from production, my feeling on it). So my suggestion to u would be to stick with the OS u know best->PalmOS. Because the change from one device to another is a hastle and trust me even though the vx has some nice toys on it the palmOS is till more stable and should not crash as much and will boot much faster.
    With all of that being said i do not take into account the sensetivity of the phone to signal/reseption.
    Hope i made any sense,
    Kolyan

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Well one big reason the Palm devices might appear more stable is that they task switch rather than multitask. There is a lot less chance that you will have applications conflicting when you really only run one at a time.
    Mike - Been Converged?

thanks for all the input... i made a decision last night... i dont need an all out Pocket PC... and i am a mechanic. i work on planes for a living... that thing would be crushed in no time.. i dont do big... never did... i have been PC savy since i was freakin 15... i dont mind learning a new system at all... my buddy at work has the cingular audiovox smt 5600... i loved it when i saw it... ive never been to big of a fan of the palm though... i just couldnt afford a Pocket Pc until now cause theyve gotten cheaper

i decided the best coice for me would be the i600... it dosent have all the extra gadgets.. camera, wifi, bluetooth... but ehh it's good for a first phone... i really wish verizon hadent cancled the i645 though