+ Reply to Thread

Phone Alarm 1.30 Releases

Phone Alarm 1.30

There have been some Major Improvements in Phone Alarms latest release. It is a Free upgrade for Owners..

I would have to say it one of the most useful program I use on my XV6600.
    MAJOR improvements for Verizon/Sprint Users...

Full WM 5.0 support
    Support for Treo 700w and other new devices
    VGA screen and square screen support
    Voicemail for Verizon and Sprint improved
    Speakerphone support for WM 5.0 devices
    Support for tGetFile / gsGetFile for file browsing
    Danish interface
    Ringtones directory support
    Much improved cost calculation
    Major improvement to stability
    Much much more!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phone Alarm 1.30 Releases-hgs6vga.gif  
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

My signal meter has stopped working with the new version - even when I turn flight mode on and off and/or do a soft reset. I guess I better go over to the forum and let them know. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

I have been watching the development of 1.30 and it seems that there have been a lot of issues. The development has been slow and painful. I am not sure this is out of the Beta stage. I think it needs a couple more weeks of maturing on the vine before I would load it.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    It's been unfortunate, since this type of app is so badly needed, that this program has been one of the most bug-riddled I've ever used. My experience with it goes back to its development prior to its first release and a poison-pill is always present, but it changes locations with every release. I wish Bruce and users the best, but it's gonna take universal approval before I start investing all the time necessary to set it up to where it's supposed to operate correctly.

I think the biggest hang-up has been trying to support all of the different Nuances of the Carriers. I have been working with each Alfa/Beta in the development and through the developer did a GREAT job reacting to any of the reported bugs. I would usually get e-mail’s back in 24 hours.

There was a lot of focused development on the stability issues with CDMA phones. I would have to say that RC1 had Zero Issues, and so far last night's release seems to be working great.

You might want to give it another try...
    Last edited by sphinx88; 01-30-2006 at 06:58 AM.
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

It seems what we can take away from the PA experience is the reason there are no other applications like this is because it's so hard to make them work for all devices and all carriers. Although I love PA's functionality and the support Bruce provdes, it is an adventure installing the alpha and beta versions. However, he did fix issues that I sent in to him.

For those familiar with WM Smaprtphone, I never could understand why there was not a PPC messaging plug-in, like the one that comes with the smartphone version of WM. It does not repeat audible notifications, but it displays them on screen like PA does.
    Motorola Q, WM5 -- Verizon Wireless, U.S.A.

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    I'm one of Bruce's biggest fans, but I dumped this version quickly and went back to 1.27.

I had major problems with the PocketMax and SD phone lock interfacing with 1.30. I was unable to answer several calls. I also lost the signal strength (no big deal, since it's at the top of the screen anyway). Finally, PA 1.30 stopped loading for me. The program was still loaded, but it vanished from my today screen after about 3 days. I went back to 1.27, which has worked flawlessly for me for a couple of months now.

I'd like to see the final 1.30 release - I'm hoping Bruce will address some issues I had with automated profile switches and call forwarding when no signal is available - but unfortunately I don't have the time to Beta this go-around.

Quote Originally Posted by EnnuiEnthusiast
    [snip...]
    I'd like to see the final 1.30 release - I'm hoping Bruce will address some issues I had with automated profile switches and call forwarding when no signal is available - but unfortunately I don't have the time to Beta this go-around.
    The final release of version 1.30 happened on 1-29. It's available from the pocketMax home page.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb
    The final release of version 1.30 happened on 1-29. It's available from the pocketMax home page.
    Whoops. Told you I'd been busy lately. Thanks for the update.

Thumbs up

I've been using PA since v1.24 (I think) and have had great luck with the 1.27b as well as the 1.30betas. There have been some minor annoyances with the signal meter, vibrating alerts and voicemail alerts, but even with those, it's an app that I would still recommend. It doesn't always "play well with others", but it works with my current setup.
    The latest RC1 release is [so far] flawless. Everything works except the location settings, and I can live without that-especially since it's never worked for CDMA.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    Version 1.30 is the first I've used on a regular basis since 1.26. Seems pretty good, though for some reason seems to turn off my XV6600 at times, and now the phone's screen doesn't come on when i get a text message.

BTW, version 1.30.01 is out ... the last one for a while, Bruce is gonna look at the snow.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

Just loaded 1.30 up. Wow!

I had a new voicemail (received when I was in a no-signal area). I knew about it but hadn't retrieved it yet.

1.27 did nothing with the notification. I installed 1.30, and it immediately triggered the VM alarm. Great update in functionality!

Kudos to Bruce and his dev team and thanks to Sphinx/scottb for the heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreigz
    [snip...]though for some reason seems to turn off my XV6600 at times[...snip]

BTW, version 1.30.01 is out ... the last one for a while, Bruce is gonna look at the snow.
    This happens on my i730 once in a while. I have a hardware button mapped to a program called Toggle Screen. All it does is turn the screen on and off, so I use that when it happens.