+ Reply to Thread

Internal backup battery – pleasant surprise

I was at work and realized that my 6600 was getting very low on power and I had no means of charging, nor a spare battery.

I shut down all the power-hog functions I could think of. Every half-hour or so I checked the battery level. It got down to 1 percent and then winked out completely.

It was another three hours before I got home and swapped in a spare battery, expecting a hard reset. … However, the thing booted up as a soft reset! No problem

And the internal backup battery shows 100 percent. … Shouldn’t the backup battery have lasted no longer than 20 minutes and then caused a hard reset?

If you have the screen, and radio off, 1% battery life will last a long time.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by amirmckelvey
    If you have the screen, and radio off, 1% battery life will last a long time.
    Really? How much additional time does one get with no active connections - phone, bluetooth, ir, data all off - plus screen off, with the standard as well as each of the extended battery variants, statistically speaking? Thanks.

Ummm 4?

-back to school Rodney Dangerfield...
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

If all your connections are off (IR, BT, Radio) and your screen is off, and you don't have any programs running, then what you basicly have is an mp3 player in standby mode which will last days on a half decent charge. I have the 3550mAh battery and I've gone days at a time with out charging just from light use or around 8 hours straight of being online streaming music or the BBC while at work, and then I just swap batteries when I'm leaving work w/ the OEM or 2400 battery depending on what my plans for the evening (hehe morning) are.