+ Reply to Thread

XV6600 as a Dreammachine - Wake Up to MP3's?

I searched the forums for similar thread topics but could not find any thing relevant. I use my XV6600 as a wake up alarm everyday, as I am sure most others do. I hate hitting the small snooze button an then having it ring only 5 minutes later.

Any apps out there that can make the whole screen a snooze button and one that allows you to change the snooze length? Or a Reg Hack? It would be great to roll over and simply hit the screen, rather then getting the stylus out, rubbing the eyes for improved focus then clicking the drop down choosing the appropriate time and then getting out bed cuase you are know wide awake, rather then enjoying those extra 15 minutes of ultimate snooze time.

Also, does anyone know of an APP or Hack to make the Alarm sound be an MP3 stored on SD card?

Just a thought.
    XV6700- Awesome!

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    I use Spb Time and it works pretty good at turning your 6600 into an alarm clock. I need to test it to see if it does what you are talking about.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Just tried the alarm, and the buttons are pretty good for cancel or snooze. The snooze option lets you hit a drop down and choose 5, 10, or 15 minutes. When you set the alarm, you can choose the number of minutes you want to be the default snooze time. So, to answer your original question... you get a big snooze button than can snooze you for 15 minutes if you like.
    Mike - Been Converged?

I like SPB Time for the same reason as you, Mike. That snooze button is pretty big, and it's never failed to wake me up in the am.
    Did away with my regular plug in alarm clock a long time back!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Thanks

I will try that one tonight.
    XV6700- Awesome!