+ Reply to Thread
    TOV
    The Entertainment Industry Chaplain TOV's Avatar

LogMeIn.com Question

Here's one I've not found any help for in over two months of dealing with Logmein. Some of the wisdom in this forum will help, since it may be a 6600 issue.

I was able to use Logmein for about a month to conenct to my work and home pc's. Suddenly one day I was only able to access either pc using PIE, and then, only if I set Logmein's interface to HTML mode. All I can do in this mode is look at the pc's desktop and shutdown/restart the thing. Neither the Java, nor the ActiveX settings for Logmein's interface would work with any of my browsers (Thunderhawk, Opera Beta, Net...)

I've tried every browser out there. All I get are error messages from all of them now when I try to use Logmein, (except for PIE set as stated above, in HTML mode).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--T0V
    TOV - The Entertainment Industry Chaplain

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    The only time I've ever had problems with LogMeIn is when Microsoft Voice Command is enabled.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

Hi Tech Trader
    It sounds like you've got a conflict with another app. Any recent changes to your PDA, or any new apps installed? And how much program memory do you have remaining? Try clearing your browser cache, and uninstalling and reinstalling the LogMeIn client on your PDA.

I use logmein on a daily basis. The only time I've ever run into any problems was when my pie was acting as is it were ie6. Other then that, logmein works perfectly fine with my pie. What new programs have you installed around the time these problems occured? One or more of these may be the culprit. Another thing. Are you subscribed for the free, or premium account with logmein? If the free account, then your trial membership to the premium account expired and all u have now is remote access. just a thought =D
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

TOV
    Well, I've tried all the advice here. I figure it must have been something I added back in December when I was testing software for my job. Looks like the only option I have is a hard reset and reinstall of everything I use daily, testing after each install to see if one of my daily use programs is the culprit.

Thanks for all the feedback!

--T0V

use vnc. theres a pda client. and its simple to install. just have to know how to fwd a port on your router to your pc (which will need a static ip).... simple.

TOV
    Thought I'd give a little update. I upgraded my 6600 to the 2.03 ROM, because I've always loved WM10. All's working great with Logmein, of course. Just couldn't figure out what the corruption was.

I'd love to try over the air activesync, but can't figure out how to forward the ports for my router. Maybe I'll tackle that someday.

Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate the assist! That's what this forum is all about!

--T0V