+ Reply to Thread

Jabra BT800 vs. S-E HBH-662

I currently have the latter.

I have been happy with it, but maybe looking for a change, how do people feel about one over the other?

Thanks for the info

I tried a BT800 with my 6600. Liked the headset for the most part. DSP was great. Earpiece volume was a bit low for me. My issue was that I couldn't get consistent functions from the headset to the XV6600. i.e. you have to press the button between rings to get the headset to answer. XV 6700 may be better as the BT on it is closer to a real implementation. Also, the caller ID display on the headset is pretty small. If you're an old fart like me, it can be difficult to see under certain conditions.

Hope it works out for you.

Bob Duckworth

I like my HBH-608, 662 is just that with caller ID so I'd stick with what you've got.

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    I'd have to agree with rduckwor1 ... controls are pretty flaky. I've missed some calls because of them.

I started using a bluetooth headset about a week ago ... started with the Plantronics Explorer 320 - it worked perfectly! I have no compliants. Unfortunetly, I am always gaming for the latest/greatest of everything, so I went to the Jabra BT800.

As mentioned above, controls are flakey (possibly due to poor bluetooth support in the XV6600), it makes my ear hurt, and doesn't fit my ear well - how it can hurt and fit too loose is a mistery to me.

I would really like a BT handsfree head piece with the features of the BT800 ... anyone know of one?
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

For the BT800 users, you may want to check out the Jabra web site - there is a support patch that you can download (v 00.34) that helps with the speed of the connection and also helps with volume (it seems to with my BT800.)

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/Misc/SoftwareBT800/
    John

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    John,

Have you used the BT800 with the XV6600, and, if so, what bluetooth stack?

Craig
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.