+ Reply to Thread

clock- manual setting vs. electronic setting

My old phone, a regular cell phone gave me the correct time of day because it tapped into the signal generated by sprint, so my clock was always right.

Wiith the ppc660, I have to manually set the time.

I there any way to have clock function of the pda phone, update itself is somewhat the same manner that my old phone automatically updated the time via the sprint tower that was nearby?

Thanks.

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    I think the XV6600 will automatically set it's time during ActiveSync.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

check out an app called sp timesync
    http://www.spdialer.com/

it's pretty much an ntp client for wince
    PPC6600
    2.04.00 WWE
    HA01_151 IS-683A+1xEV converted 10029 (with no EV entries :( )

Converged... I think Evil Genius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreigz
    Agreed. the time on your PC is not correct.

you could use a program to sync your computer's clock w/ your current local time and then use active sync to sync your ppc w/ the computer....
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    The phone portion of your PPC6600 knows the exact time, because it has to for CDMA purposes. Unfortunately it does not share that with the PC portion of your phone.

See mtimesync, an ntp client. I've been using it for over a year and it works great. Once an hour it synchs my clock to NTP servers.

E

yeah this issue bugs me too. It should sync from Sprint not my PC... Sprint may or may not use the Atomic time and may have their own time a few minutes off either way...no idea since I can't see what time they think it is lol.

Anyway, the above posted mtimesync is a commercial product just under $10. There are a few free programs also to search out and try. Someone else said above to try SP Timesync, that looks nice and free I use vxutil, also free and does other features like ping/finger etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreigz
    If you look about 2/3 of the way down the "Options" window, you have the choice of selecting whether ActiveSync will sync the clock or not. At least on AS4.1 you do.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

Administrator
    there is a hack on xp that taps in to the atomic time. i have it set up on my xp box... none of sprints ppc phones use the cell towers clock...

I use VxUtil to sync with ntp srvers - it's free.
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.