+ Reply to Thread

I hate my bluetooth!!!!

I am so ready to get rid of this damn phone because I have yet to get past all the bluetooth issues I am having.

First and foremost it seems I am unable to get past the lag that many people are getting. Basically, someone calls and then about 10 seconds later the bluetooth headset gets recognized and able to connect. Of course by this time, many people have already hung up.

Also, but less importantly, I am having a rediculous amount of static but I believe that has to do with the models of headsets I am using (Moto) if I am not inches away from the headset. :-\

Alright, so I have tried the 3600 update from the AudioVox/UT website and I have tried both a Moto HS850 and H700 headset. Both have had identical problems.

Can someone please help!

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    I've tried two bluetooth handsfree devices. The Jabra BT800 dropped calls, and took forever to react to incoming calls.

The other device was the Plantronics Explorer 320. Works perfect! Loud enough, connects faster than I can answer the call with the phone itself, great battery life, etc.

Works as intended.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

my HBH-662 has been problem free!

Plantronics Voyager 510

I experienced the same problem over the last year or so. Tried all the Motorals, the Blutrek, and others. All with the same results, garbage.

After going for several months without it and tempted to the XV6600 throw it out the window I decided to try one last time before I switched to the 6700.

Thank god I did. This headset works great, no dropped calls or any issues coming out of sleep mode.

Just the other day I was speaking with my GF while pumping gas. After about 2 mins I realzied that I was about 5 feet from my car, with all the windows and doors closed and still ahd clear reception.

Highly recommend this device.
    XV6700- Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreigz
    I've tried two bluetooth handsfree devices. The Jabra BT800 dropped calls, and took forever to react to incoming calls.

The other device was the Plantronics Explorer 320. Works perfect! Loud enough, connects faster than I can answer the call with the phone itself, great battery life, etc.

Works as intended.
    Im running 3600, which ROM are you on and have you updated anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by lcohen999
    my HBH-662 has been problem free!
    Same question for you Which ROM and patches? Oh, and are you able to see the caller ID on the display?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalgm
    Im running 3600, which ROM are you on and have you updated anything else?

Same question for you Which ROM and patches? Oh, and are you able to see the caller ID on the display?
    My default is the 2.04 ROM (comes with the Bell Mobility version) so no real batches.

I can see the number on the call display, but it will not send the name (I am guessing you need BT 1.2 for that)

Quote Originally Posted by posiedon7
    I experienced the same problem over the last year or so. Tried all the Motorals, the Blutrek, and others. All with the same results, garbage.

After going for several months without it and tempted to the XV6600 throw it out the window I decided to try one last time before I switched to the 6700.

Thank god I did. This headset works great, no dropped calls or any issues coming out of sleep mode.

Just the other day I was speaking with my GF while pumping gas. After about 2 mins I realzied that I was about 5 feet from my car, with all the windows and doors closed and still ahd clear reception.

Highly recommend this device.
    Thanks for the reccomendation. Here comes a n00b question and yes, I have tried to search first but how do you check the version of your ROM? You are showing 2.04 in your sig and when I do the device software update utility it shows the Device CE Image Version as 1.36, Ext Image as 1.36.116 and radio image as HA01_151. Please guide me

I've tried two Plantronics devices now ... the Explorer 320 and the Discovery 640. Both worked very well with the XV6600.

One thing about the 640 ... I'm not sure I'm a fan of the ear jel thingy ...
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

One thing about the 640 ... I'm not sure I'm a fan of the ear jel thingy ...
    You'll get use to it...........
    Verizon xv6600

I use the Moto 820. I can get about 10 feet away (line of sight) and it is still good. Calls transfer quickly and it's plenty loud. The only problem IMO is that it picks up a lot of ambient noise (because it has no boom mic).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600--> PPC 6600

That sounds almost too good to be true. What ROM, Radio, etc are you running and what carrier are you on? Thank you ahead of time!

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I use the Moto 820. I can get about 10 feet away (line of sight) and it is still good. Calls transfer quickly and it's plenty loud. The only problem IMO is that it picks up a lot of ambient noise (because it has no boom mic).

UPDATE : I tried the Plantronics 320 because it was reccomended here and it was the only plantronics set that my brick and mortar store carried. I am here to report that it connects so quickly and functions and reacts perfectly to both incoming and outgoing calls. My only gripe right now is that it does not have a great range. I may try the 640 now because I dont like the ear piece of the 520.

Thanks for everything!

Glad to hear it, digitalgm! I convinced my wife to go with one (Explorer 320), too.

I'm trying the 640 at the moment. As reported, it is louder, but I'm still struggling with sticking the big bogger in my ear.

It doesn't seem to connect as quickly as the 320 though ...

Quote Originally Posted by digitalgm
    UPDATE : I tried the Plantronics 320 because it was reccomended here and it was the only plantronics set that my brick and mortar store carried. I am here to report that it connects so quickly and functions and reacts perfectly to both incoming and outgoing calls. My only gripe right now is that it does not have a great range. I may try the 640 now because I dont like the ear piece of the 520.

Thanks for everything!
    Last edited by Kreigz; 02-08-2006 at 11:01 PM.

Sounds great ... My wife was quite happy with the aesthetics of the 320 over all the other headsets I tried and I think I might give her my 320 and move to the 640 if the range is better. Can you comment on the range of the 640 compared to the 320?

Thanks again!

Glad to hear it, digitalgm! I convinced my wife to go with one (Explorer 320), too.

I'm trying the 640 at the moment. As reported, it is louder, but I'm still struggling with sticking the big bogger in my ear.

It doesn't seem to connect as quickly as the 320 though ...
    Bluetooth Headset Tourist :borgsmile
    HS850 (gone) H700 (gone) PL320 (crossing fingers)

I can't say I've noticed any difference in range, though I haven't really done any formal testing.

Yeah, my wife is geeking out on her 320. She's making me jealous, too ... her 320 works with Voice dialing on her Audiovox 8100.

anybody had success with the Motorola H500?

Hmmm ... The range on the 320 is not that great. I get a lot of static when its right in front of me or in my pocket. I'll do some more testing.

I can't say I've noticed any difference in range, though I haven't really done any formal testing.

Yeah, my wife is geeking out on her 320. She's making me jealous, too ... her 320 works with Voice dialing on her Audiovox 8100.
    Bluetooth Headset Tourist :borgsmile
    HS850 (gone) H700 (gone) PL320 (crossing fingers)

I just did a quick test with the 640 ...

15 feet line of sight ... no static, no difference from 15 inches

15 feet seperated by a wall with a large mirror ... some static but manageable

Quote Originally Posted by ycats
    anybody had success with the Motorola H500?
    Yep, it works pretty well. although I prefer my Jabra 250

havn't had many issue other than a couple times the BT headset never connected (incoming Call) I had to use the PPC itself to talk.