+ Reply to Thread

XV6600 and 2GB SD Cards

I'm having a hard time formatting my Ridata @GB SD Card in my XV6600. Is there a compatibility issue here?

Thanks.

I'm sorry...hit wrong key...that should be "2GB" SD card....do they work in the XV6600?

Thanks.

what program are you using to format? Pocket Mechanic is good, Flash Format is pretty slick too.

You could also try using windows with a card reader. It should have come preformatted. Whats the problem?

PDA User since 1997
    I have a 2GB SD card. I had to reformat using a PC card reader. Be sure to format using FAT and not FAT32 in order to access the entire 2GB (1.8 actual use).

Quote Originally Posted by GSBJackson
    I have a 2GB SD card. I had to reformat using a PC card reader. Be sure to format using FAT and not FAT32 in order to access the entire 2GB (1.8 actual use).
    I formatted my 4 GB card using FAT32 and have full use of all of it, no problems.
    Verizon xv6600

I tried Pocket Mechanic, my notebook, etc. with no luck, however I was able to format the SD card in a friends new desktop PC, and now it works fine in the XV6600. It was formated as FAT 32, and seems to have the whole 2GB available. Thanks for the help.

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    A related question ...

What's the max speed the XV6600 can access SD cards? Will a faster card make a difference?
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

What happens when you format it using the phone? I did that on my 1GB SD card and it worked fine.

I formatted my Ridata 2GB card in my 6600... no problems.

Actually, the only problem that I did have was my laptop built-in card reader. Every time I tried to load it up, at about 800-900 MB, it started giving me errors. I formatted it in the laptop... it only had 1 GB available. That is when the light bulb turned on, and I figured that my laptop card reader/drivers is only setup for 1 GB cards. So I stuck the SD card in a cruzar USB reader, formatted it on the laptop (2 GB free), and loaded everything that way.

It works great.