+ Reply to Thread

assign picture to contact

I'm new to this phone and i've seen where it says that you should be able to assign a picture for caller id, but i can't figure it out for the life of me. any suggestions? do i need some sort of other software for it?

this is how I do it. Open Contacts list. tap and hold entry you want to assign photo to.menu pops up, third from bottom is "assign Photo". tap. Im sure you can get it from there.

i get some sort of error that pops up for like a milli second and it goes right back to contacts list. is there a program that is free to download?

sounds like you got problems. try searching for it.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Yep, before you add any new programs you need to find out what the one you have isn't working. Try seeing if anyone else here has had this problem using search. Hopefully someone will see the post that has had the problem before.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Anyway for this to sync with outlook contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by minilog118
    Anyway for this to sync with outlook contacts?
    Not the pictures.
    WM5 and A/S4.0 are supposed to support this, but since I don't have WM5 I can't tell ya.
    Supposedly some of the aftermarket programs do, but I haven't gotten any that make it work.
    A strange limitation since I don't know why it would be that difficult to implement.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

well i downloaded a trial version of some program that was suppose to work with my phone and i ran it and on my phone it popped up it's not a valid application. so i guess it was for a different platform or something. so i have all the options but none of them work. it's kinda pissing me off. i want to get a picture to pop up for different contact and maybe different rings but it's not that important for me to pay for a program or order one and wait on it. i was really hoping that there was a free one out there that worked. i looked through alot of posts on here searching but none were really of any help. all of them pointed me to a program you have to buy for 20 bucks or whatever. not to be a cheap (butt) but i don't really want the feature enough to pay anything for it really.

There are a few programs that will assign a picture to a contact. As a matter of fact, the OEM photocontacts will do so- Photocontacts v1.2 will also allow assigning specific ringtones and is also free. However, it must be done on the phone directly. When sync'ing, the pictures that are assigned on the contact manager on your PC (Outlook?) will not sync to the PPC (assuming you haven't gotten WM5 working yet).
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

Converged... I think Evil Genius's Avatar
    I use Photo Contacts too. It is FREE and works great!

anyone have a link? all the ones i've seen have been like 30 bucks
    Last edited by jmyler; 02-09-2006 at 10:01 AM.

ok so just for an update. i went through about three versions of photo contacts downloading the demo versions before i finally got the pro version and it finally worked. granted this is free but it will only work for 6 people in your phone book and only one certain ring tone. it works good, but i don't think it's worth the price tag. are the "free" versions that you guys are talking about the demo?

search
    This thread will probably help.
    Photo Contacts 1.20 & ehuds caller_id.cab
    Peace ~ Trident

Guys, I just don't see the problem here. I followed the add photo to contacts instructions and did this to my wife's contact. She called me and the flash screen had her picture. Very nice and when I show it to her I may be able to save a little on Valentine's days gifts.

Am I missing something?
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

thanks trident. i had acctually read that thread and couldn't get it to work the first time. this time i figured out i had another demo of something running still. got that stopped removed it and it worked perfectly. thanks alot guys. the demo i had was for the pro version. i really liked how it took up the whole screen as apposed to the little bubble, but works none the less and finally worked the problem out. phew...

I have a Verizon 6700 (WM5) and have added a picture for several of my contacts. When they call, only the number shows up. No picture.

Does picture Caller ID have to be enabled somewhere?