+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-06-2006
    Posts
    3

    Strange e-mail problem (Verizon XV6600)

    I'm having a really wierd e-mail issue with my XV6600. I can't send or receive e-mail from the POP accounts I have setup. I CAN surf the internet. I do have the unlimited data plan.

    Now some history. Up until three days ago everything worked normal. I called Verizon to discontine the data plan with the intention of going MOU. I quickly found out that MOU doesn't work on the 6600 any longer (at least I couldn't get it to work). So I called back the next day and had the data plan put back on. I made no changes to the phone or my mail settings. Now I can't send or receive mail using the built in messaging. I can surf the net fine and connect to my mail servers using web mail.

    Here is the interesting part. If I tether my phone to my laptop for modem use, the laptop will send/receive fine using the same settings. From that I have to assume no port blocks are in place. I have also installed WebIS mail which works fine. I've also gone so far as reflashing the original ROM and putting everything back to stock. It will NOT send/receive mail using the built in client.

    I'm guessing an issue with the integrated messaging program but thought a hard reset and reflash would have taken care of it. Anyone had an issue like this?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-15-2005
    Posts
    18
    I think your account setting is set to "Work Network." I found your thread searching for a similar problem. I'd like the auto connection to my POP account to work on both "Work Network" and "Verizon Wireless" settings. It seems I can get mail when synched only with "Work," and I can get mail when not synched only with "Verizon." Is there any way to have the phone detect how I am connected????? If I find out, I'll revert.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-15-2005
    Posts
    18
    This thread has some good information and my fix:
    http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...539#post501539

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-06-2006
    Posts
    3
    Well it turned out to be a bug in my mail server. All my mail accounts are hosted on my 2003 server running Mailenable Professional. It was version 1.72 that was giving me the problem.

    Interesting thing is that everything was pointing to a problem with Pocket Outlook in the 6600. It just would not connect using a POP account. IMAP did work and both POP and IMAP would work if I used any other PocketPC mail client. Additionally, the logs for my mail server were not even showing a connection attempt from the 6600 when trying to connect via POP account in Outlook.

    So just yesterday I installed an update to Mailenable to version 1.75 and now POP access in my 6600 works again. Must have been something in the way that version of ME responded to commands from Pocket Outlook...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts