+ Reply to Thread

Start up menu program problem

I am looking for some help. I installed a program and selected the option to start up automatically at start. Unfortunately, the program locked up and now when I do a soft reset it always lauches the program and locks up my 6600. Is there a way to hold down a button when you reset that will avoid starting up the start up programs?? Hope someone can help. Thanks

To my knowledge, there is not by default.

You can add a "boot in safe mode" type functionality that bypasses the startup programs by installing the latest version of SPB Pocket Plus (a commercial app with a lot more than just safe mode) or this freeware safe mode app:

(http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=166554)

More than likely you'll have to either restore from a backup or do a hard reset if you didn't have the safe mode fallback already installed for this type of problem.

If you don't have a backup, I'll give you the same advice I give my users and my family members:

Dave's Backup Rules
    Rule #1: If you have any data you can't live without always make a second copy of said data to an external storage medium separate from where the source data is located. A file called "Copy of My Important Data.doc" along side the original is not a good backup strategy.

Rule #2: NEVER CIRCUMVENT RULE #1!

Sprite backup has thus far been the best backup program I've tried for the pocket pc.