Closed Thread

Just got an XV6600, have a few questions

I saw the stickied threads, but it's just too much to take in.

If I want a higher capacity battery that isn't too bulky or expensive, what would you guys recommend?

If I want a decent, durable way to carry it on my hip that'll fit an SD card or two, what would you guys recommend?

Howzabout some inexpensive and decent screen protectors?

Got a link to a vendor that has an SDIO WiFi card in stock, that you guys trust?

Thanks!

Although I think all of these answers can be found with some diligent searching, I'll answer some I know.

Best screen protector I have found is the boxwave. Not inexpensive, but lasts forever, and is so clear you won't know it is on. I had one on my i700 for 20 months.

For SDIO WiFi, I will sell you mine for $20 (don't need it now that I have an XV6700)

Alan

which model do you have?

Thanks for your answers, btw.

SanDisk SDWSDB-000. I found it worked better in my i700 using the Socket drivers, so I would throw them on a CD for you as well as including the original Sandisk ones.

Alan

-dp
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0Bot0
    If I want a decent, durable way to carry it on my hip that'll fit an SD card or two, what would you guys recommend?
    Thanks!
    I have been using the Covertec case for my 6600 for about a year and have had good luck with it. Check out this review.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0Bot0
    I saw the stickied threads, but it's just too much to take in.

Every single one of your questions is covered and answered in the sticky threads.

Ehud

If I want a higher capacity battery that isn't too bulky or expensive, what would you guys recommend?

Howzabout some inexpensive and decent screen protectors?

Got a link to a vendor that has an SDIO WiFi card in stock, that you guys trust?

Thanks!
    Last edited by equus; 02-10-2006 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Rude replies will not be tolerated anymore.

Your kindness, sir, gladdens my heart. I did go through about forty or fifty pages of the stickies, and I did see answers. The problem, /SNIPPED/, was that for a few of my questions there were dozens of answers! The case thread is PAGES long. Some of the WiFi card links don't work anymore, and I don't know the vendors. Moreover, a lot of the posts are more than a year old. Stores close, experiences change.

I didn't ignore your stickies, and I wasn't rude. Thank you for lowering the quality of discourse in this thread. I hope someone takes a big dump on your parade as well.

I am not about to turn this into a big argument, but that was a bit harsh Ehud. have you tried searching for something here lately? I just got a new XV6700 and have spent all week looking for posts that I absolutly know exist, and in some cases know the exact words to look for, and am still needing to read through hundreds of posts to find what I need. I am one of the first people to say "if you are asking the question now, it was probably asked and answered before", but I will also always help a newbie out with their first questions, and then point them towards the search when they start to actually get irritating. (Of course, it doesn't hurt that I stand to gain financially by answering one of the questions, but I would have answered anyway...).

Alan

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Alan, If you are having specific search problems can you post something in the Site Problems forum about it so that we can try to recreate it and look into the issue. Search is a big trade-off situation for us... we are trying to find the balance between useful search, and reasonable performance.
    Mike - Been Converged?