+ Reply to Thread
    wab

Messaging Database Corruption

Something has happened to my e-mail and text message databases. Deleted items and sent items show a significant number of items (in the 90s) but when I open them, they appear empty. Outlook e-mail and text messaging work, so I could just ignore this but I'm wondering if anyone knows the significance and a way to repair this.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wab
    Something has happened to my e-mail and text message databases. Deleted items and sent items show a significant number of items (in the 90s) but when I open them, they appear empty. Outlook e-mail and text messaging work, so I could just ignore this but I'm wondering if anyone knows the significance and a way to repair this.
    Thanks.
    The only fix is to kill all the messages in your mailboxes, and the mailboxes/settings and start over. There's a utility I posted somewhere a while ago to run on your 6600 called cleanmail that will wipe it all out properly/completely. I can't upload it from my 6600 right now because the forums require it to be zipped, so try searching for it.
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Actually, I had the same problem...I called data support at VZW for the fix. You need to back up your device....remove it from the device list at the wireless sync server... do a hard reset...use the device browser to go to a wireless sync client update site beginning with http://ota.*** (can't remember the rest of the address but tech support can give it to you) download and install the updated wireless sync app and then re-sync.
    Samsung i760

wab

CleanMail Worked

Downloaded CleanMail from the sprite software site and it worked. Turns out that this is a common problem when restoring after a hard reset, which I recently had to do.
    Thanks for the tips.