Closed Thread

Talking Finally, Evdo Update For The 660x!!!!!!!

Well Not exactly . I know that i'll get kicked or booted off this entire site by the Modz; Just thought i'd take the risk anyway. I'm a huge fan of the 6600. I had it for about 8 months B4 it started irritating me. The screen is the same exact size of my Ipaq 1945 (bluetooth, Wm 2003, nice processor, great Speaker) so it was surely a surprise. Anyway, decided to take it in for the 'old repair' @ the sprint store & u know what? Tech gave me some B/S about not having the tools to diagnose the problem (yeah sure). So I called lockline like they said & told them my phone was damaged. They then said no problem & sent a replacement @ no charge. When the package came, I had a feeling another 6600 wasn't in the box.

After opening it up. Sure enough A refurbished 6700. The charger was for the 6600 (wtf?) but a new 6700 nontheless. I knew from a glance it was mini usb & mini sd. So now, I had to get new Memory Cards, car charger (Itip-Radioshack), Holster, Screen Protectors, & extended battery. I promtly called lockline & said that I "lost" my 6600 that day. They said no problem & no charge (Sweeeet!!!) BTW, I've got every cell phone i've ever owned. had my 1st sprint phone when i was 16 ('96)-when they used gsm cards!? Plus i got software that can clone/create esns go figure.

I must say they're phasing the 6600 out. I've been following the promise of the "6600 EVDO UPGRADE" for the longest time on here & all the top forums & it'z quite apparent, they won't release it. Or will release when we all have 6700/700w on sprint. For all those still waiting on that evdo rom upgrade,I feel ure pain. It's lonely in the world of 1x, & Someday we'll laugh about when sprint released an evdo upgrade w/no mms.

P.S. Jeeez, this was a long post. It should be in my blog, but it'z here. & it might not even make it through the day lol.

Probably won't make it long, mainly because your subject is very misleading.
    Tom

I'd like to thank Maverik Johnson for saying what finally needed to be said. Not only was it inspirational and uplifting, but it was delivered in fine internet jibberish. I'm just glad that these children were here today to hear this fine speech.
    Last edited by Bearxor; 02-13-2006 at 08:08 AM.
    PDA Phone History:
    Toshiba 2032SP (2003-2005) -> Hitachi G1000 (2005) -> PPC-6600 (2005-2006) -> PPC-6700 (2006 - 8 days to be exact) -> Treo 700wx

wow this thread isn't locked yet?
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

NOT locked, DELETED.
    Tom

No, it will not be deleted but locked. Geez, do we have enough posts on this or what. yet, I will give maverick the kudos for having started this thread and said what had to be said.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !