+ Reply to Thread

Angry Cannot hear ring of incoming call with wired headphones.

I cannot seem to find a setting that will allow me to hear when a call is incoming using a wired headphone. I have had no problems with my BT Jabra (it beeps) but I when I connect to the wired headphones in my ski helmet there is no sound...especially problematic if the phone is tucked away in my ski parka where you cannot feel it vibrate...search of the forum has been of little help...old thread thought the issue was "carrier specific" or had to do with whether or not media player was playing music at the time...the bulk of the threads have been with issues concerning BT etc...Any ideas/workarounds?
    Samsung i760

anyone??? thanks!!!
    Samsung i760

I don't think there is a way to do that. I also ski with my helmet headphones but I usually have music playing so when the music suddenly stops I know to answer the phone. only annoying thing is you have to dig out the phone to get the music to resume again.
    xv-6600 pocket plus,world mate, Avantgo.

Heli-
    Are you using a Stereo Headphone Adapter? Like this one? http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~unit~Audiovox_PPC6600-262~area~accessories-audio~item~PPCPADPT15.htm
    If you are simply putting a normal (3 ring) headphone jack into you 6600 then it may be causing your problems as well as not giving you stereo sound. Another option you might want to check out is the Globalsat 820 bluetotoh headset because you would be able to control the song selection, volume, etc. there is some information about it here Globalsat BTH 820 Headset - thumbs up/down?

and here PPC6600 / PPC6601 Bluetooth Success / Failure

Since it is also Bluetooth you would not have a direct wire from your pack to your helmet. You would have a wire form the 820 to your helmet so it is debatable as to how much of an advantage that would be. I think I am going to get it so I can control my music when commuting on my bike.

I am using a LG adapter that came with the helmet/headphone set. I AM getting stereo sound just not the incoming call signal. I get other notifications..email, missed calls etc...just can't hear that phone ring...
    Samsung i760

Fully Converged
    try HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA and change the IsRingToneDisablePlayFromHP from a 1 to a 0...It looks like it should make your ringtone play through your headset
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Still Looking

I had a kyocera 6135 that rang through the headset.
    I took it offline to try out a new phone and could'nt put it back on the verizon system because of the 911 thing.
    I dearly loved that it rang through the headset when riding my motorcycle.
    I can't find another phone that will ring through the headset like that one did...
    Please help!!!
    I don't think BT is an option for me on the bike.

Thanks...

Fully Converged
    ZACCY,

Try the reg hack posted above. Does it work?
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Yes, it worked... I was missing the part about the regedit.
    rebooted and it works great,
    thanks a million...
    Wahooo!!!
    Zaccy

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by helix139
    try HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA and change the IsRingToneDisablePlayFromHP from a 1 to a 0...It looks like it should make your ringtone play through your headset

I have the same problem, it gets very annoying not hearing alerts through the headphones.

I don't quite follow the HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA. Can you please tell me how to get there? Thanks

-Cody

Anyways, I used Resco Explorer and followed the file path above , changed the value and performed a soft reset. It worked really well actually, how do you guys find this stuff anyways???

I have one question though , now I can hear the phone ring through the headphones , which REALLY helps , but my ringer is a voice recording of my daughter screaming "Dad ,Answer The Phone!". I use this ringer beacause 1- its cute, I love to hear her voice while I'm working and 2- I is loads louder than any of the default ringers ,which kind of solved the low ringer volume issue for me. It is the only way I can hear my phone ring when I am NOT wearing my headphones.

The problem now is that it "rings" in my ears at the same volume the external ringer is set at. This really HURTS! SO I turn the phone volume down to about half and then when I am not weraing the headphones I can't hear the external ringer anymore so I have to remember to turn it back up.

Is there a registry value that will change the phone ringer volume depending on if there are headphones plugged in or not?That would be nice.

-Cody
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 04-03-2006 at 09:08 AM.

Fully Converged
    If your ski helmet is like my Giro Nine.9 with TuneUps 2, it has an inline volume control/mic on the cord. You could lower the volume with the inline control then raise it after you answer the call, but short of that or creating a seperate ringer, there isn't a registry key or tweak relating to headphone volume, and believe me I've been through the entire thing (way too much time on my hands and I was trying to figure out how to turn off SMS receipts when you send a message to verizon phones and how to get voice command over bluetooth). As for me, I have my iPod running also at very loud volumes and prefer a superloud ringer. Now if only I could get 60GB of storage on my 6600 and a softtouch remote built into the sleeve of my jacket...
    Last edited by helix139; 04-04-2006 at 11:36 PM.
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone