+ Reply to Thread

Globalsat BTH 820 Headset - thumbs up/down?

Hi yall, new to the forums here. I am an owner of a Sprint PPC 6600. I would like to use the BTH 820 headset to primarily listen to mp3s. I have some questions.

1. Is my 6600 capable of using the BTH 820 to use as a music player WITHOUT the BTA 830?

2. Can I use the remote control features of the BTH 820 on the 6600?

3. If i could listen to music and control songs, Where could I find the latest A2DP and AVRC drivers (I dunno the proper term) for my phone.

4.How is the sound quality if i plug in regular headphones like a 3.5 mm Sony MDREX51LP.

I just got my phone, so it is STOCK.

Sorry, Im a newb at this. Thanks for your help.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mofovo
    1. Is my 6600 capable of using the BTH 820 to use as a music player WITHOUT the BTA 830?
    Yes, but you'll need the A2DP drivers.

2. Can I use the remote control features of the BTH 820 on the 6600?
    They work fine on mine though others have reported problems.

3. If i could listen to music and control songs, Where could I find the latest A2DP and AVRC drivers (I dunno the proper term) for my phone.
    I've attached the A2DP cab file. Your phone can't use the AVRC drivers.

4.How is the sound quality if i plug in regular headphones like a 3.5 mm Sony MDREX51LP.
    I use that same headset and can't tell the difference between having it wired to my iPod and connecting it using the BTA 830. I'm very, very pleased with the whole system. - sheureka
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sheureka; 02-16-2006 at 09:28 AM.
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

sheureka,
    thanks for the reply. looks like i will be buying this BT headset soon even though i can't use the remote control features. i just need GOOD sound quality and looks like this headset will provide it.
    thanks again!

Hey sheureka, what media player(s) are you using with the BTH 820? Also, how does it compare to the iTech Clip S35 in terms of size, sound quality, and stability? You had an iTech at some point, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg
    Hey sheureka, what media player(s) are you using with the BTH 820? Also, how does it compare to the iTech Clip S35 in terms of size, sound quality, and stability? You had an iTech at some point, didn't you?
    I've never used the iTech. I've got quite a few posts on the GlobalSat system. I'm very happy with it. - sheureka

My BT820 passed another test today - I had a 20-minute conversation with my son while I was shopping with the clip thing on my jacket and the phone in my purse. I use the Sony earbuds, but when I'm using it as a regular headset (no stereo) I use just a single bud. It is so not dorky! You can't even see the one little wire that goes up to my ear (particularly when I'm all bundled up like I was today) and barely see the clippy thing peeking out from under my scarf. Anyway, at the end of the conversation I asked him how it sounded. And he said fine and wanted to know why I had asked. When I told him I was using the BT he said I sounded better than I sound not using any headset at all. I had the earbud in for about 5 hours (and 4 phone calls) today and forgot all about it until I came home and took off my jacket. - sheureka

Sounds good. Thanks!

*** The GlobalSat BTH-820 Bluetooth Headset is currently on sale for $39.99 at Semsons. ***

I'm ordering one.