+ Reply to Thread
    BA with wifi still can't be beat

Need Someone to Create Soft Reset Scheduler - $$$

I posted this over on XDA several weeks back but have gotten no takers.

I have searched all the different PDA forums and all the software sites and cannot find anything close to what I need from a soft-reset scheduler app. Like many of you my device needs a good ol' soft reset several times a day. I often find myself needing to make a call or turn on bluetooth only to find it first needs a reset before it will cooperate. And yes, all of this resetting IS because I have tons of apps loaded...and that's the way I like it! I didn't pay big bucks for this thing to be a phone with a really cool calendar!

I would be willing to pay $20 for this simple little applet and hope others will chime in too with their willingness to pay for a well done interpretation of this utility. Here is all I would want it to do.

It should have a config screen that lets the user schedule resets two ways. One, perform a soft reset at a specific time each day. Two (this is the MOST important) designate an interval to reset every x minutes. Now this app won't be worth squat if it does not also incorporate the following. When the scheduled time comes to reset, the app MUST be able to throw up a "Cancel" dialog so that you can cancel the reset if you are in the middle of doing something on your device. But if the device gets no cancel command after, say 15 seconds, it goes forward with the reset. That it! That's all! Nothing more is needed.

I know this is possible because programs like Sprite Backup will perform a soft reset if desired after a scheduled backup. I have seen all of the soft-reset applets and schedulers on places like Handango and I have trialed them all. They don't work like the above description. I would love to schedule a soft reset for every 30 minutes and then my BA would always be ready to go.

So come on you programmer guys. This cannot be too difficult and would be very marketable in my humble opinion. Anyone else that is interested in this simple app please sound off. But don't complicate the design with more and more feature ideas. That is what is wrong with many of the apps out there today. They try to do too many things and end up not doing much of anything well.
    Last edited by PDAce; 02-17-2006 at 12:10 AM.
    SX66 (PH20B1)
    ROM: 1.40.00 WWE
    Radio: 1.13.00

OK, I will offer $30 for this app.
    SX66 (PH20B1)

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    im not a programmer but I have partial solution (a.k.a. free)
    just use phonealarm to schedule the attached executable to run

no delayed confirmation thingie but like i said its free... if you have PA installed if not, then im sure some other util will do it on a schedule
    Attached Files
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

Thanks Tech. So what happens if you are on the phone at the time or in the middle of an email...does it soft reset without warning?
    SX66 (PH20B1)

Get Sprite Backup
    Sprite Backup has an option to restart after a backup so if you set it to back up at like 12:00AM every day than it will restart everyday

Good solutions, but what the need? Would take a good look at loaded software as there is no reason it should not be stable.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz