+ Reply to Thread

Most used or most reliable SD card? (2GB)

so i did a search and see that a lot of the sandisk cards are pretty unreliable. but i haven't seen specifically that the 2GB sandisk ultra II has had any complaints. is this because people who have them have no problems? or is this because everyone stays away from them and so there are no complaints? also seems like everyone has all different brands in the 2GB range. i just want to know what's the most popular or most reliable card that people have on these boards. thanx guys

I've had a PNY 2GB card for a couple of months and have no known problems with it. Paid less that $100 for it.

I have the transcend card and have had 0 problems.

I have been using a Sandisk Ultra II 2 GB card since Mid-July 2005 on my PPC-6600.

No problems to report, it has been working fine since day one.

Best regards

Frenchnew
    Audiovox PPC-6600
    Bell Mobility
    2005 Acura TL - HFL works fine with the PPC-6600

I also have the Sandisk - got it off Ebay in August for less than $100 and have never had any problem at all.
    I've heard many complaints about the Sandisks too, but I thought I'd throw out my personal experience...

At Dell, the 2GB SD Sandisk is $64. apply coupon code QGM7T0C1C2TVVD for $20 off $150. I have a 1Gb sandisk and it works fine. the 2GB should be good

Thanks for the link, mofovo.

I'm curious what the ad means by "2 GB Secure Digital Card - Dell Only."

Are they saying the card works only with Dell devices?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRaven
    Thanks for the link, mofovo.

I'm curious what the ad means by "2 GB Secure Digital Card - Dell Only."

Are they saying the card works only with Dell devices?

I don't know why it says Dell Only. But I am 100% sure that you could use the SD card with any SD compatible device like your 6600!! hope that helps.

I was all ready to order one of these, and then with the news this afternoon about no EVDO upgrade for the PPC6600, I'm going to hold off. I have piles of CF cards from my last PDA just sitting around now! I don't want the same thing to happen with SD cards in case I end up with a mini-SD phone - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sheureka
    I was all ready to order one of these, and then with the news this afternoon about no EVDO upgrade for the PPC6600, I'm going to hold off. I have piles of CF cards from my last PDA just sitting around now! I don't want the same thing to happen with SD cards in case I end up with a mini-SD phone - sheureka
    Sheureka,
    Just switch to Verizon and be EVDO happy like me! I'm actually going to BUY a second Verizon XV6600 as a spare, since they are going to be discontinued (probably soon) as I don't see anything on the near electronic horizon with the capabilities and screen size of this phone!
    Verizon xv6600

Quote Originally Posted by Z1truth
    Just switch to Verizon and be EVDO happy like me!
    Well I either live in the middle of Kansas or in Southern Arizona - and Verizon service isn't available in either one (but neither is EVDO) - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sheureka
    Well I either live in the middle of Kansas or in Southern Arizona - and Verizon service isn't available in either one (but neither is EVDO) - sheureka
    DDDDAAAANNNNGGGG! What a bummer!
    Verizon xv6600

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar

Card speed

Say, does anyone know what the max speed is that the XV6600 can read and write to/from a card? I want to get a 1gig, and I like fast performance, but I don't want to throw money to the wind ...
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreigz
    Say, does anyone know what the max speed is that the XV6600 can read and write to/from a card? I want to get a 1gig, and I like fast performance, but I don't want to throw money to the wind ...

Kreigz: I was searching for info regarding the same question. Did you ever get an answer? Thanks. MA