+ Reply to Thread
    I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar

6601 (or any PPC) as a SD reader

http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

I just ran across this little app that allows you to use your PPC as a Generic Mass Storage device.

Ive seen this question asked in this forum and remember telling at least 1 person that it couldnt be done. in this case i like being proved wrong though

on the authors site it says it requires rom 2.03 for the 6600 so if it doesnt work for you, try upgrading first.

Its pretty sweet cause it mounts the \Storage and \Storage Card as 2 separate drives in winders (but you can change that in the preferences if you only want 1)

Im still debating as to wheter its worth 15$ but luckily i have 14 days to decide (now that im running 2.04 im getting more than 14 days between hard resets so i have to start registering my software )

something that occured to me as I typed this was anyone wanting to go to the 2.04 rom* that didnt have a card reader to do it with can now do the upgrade without buying one(and you would necessarily have to register this software to do it since you could use the trial period then hard reset).

*i hope its Ok to link to Ehud's site even though you banned him cause a few noobs couldnt take the heat.
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

Ehud got banned!? Wow, I haven't been on here long but I thought he pretty much kept everyone on topic and in their places... which is also probably why I only have a dozen posts or so...

Anyway- Yeah I was directed to this application before and it has quickly become one of those that I can't live without.
    It's great for copying data (or music) from others' computers without having to worry about activesync- and mainly my favorite: playing through my xbox360 for clean streaming stereo sound!

It's well worth the $15- great app!

not sure I understand the point...

Anytime you activesynch your PPC (either with USB cable or BT), it seems to mount the PPC as a physical drive. If you use the file explorer on the PC, you will find the PPC and the storage card listed, and can copy and paste files from and to them.

So how is that any different then this extra program?

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    you dont need activesync installed to use it (i'll be using it at work because i dont have adminrights of that pc)
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

i would imagine this would be faster than going through activesync transfers right? and you also wouldn't have to worry about auto-conversions.

Activesync is a piece of sh** for file transfer. Here is the sad story of all the dropped connections with Microsoft's excuses:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...c/default.mspx

I wish this application would allow podreaders to work through Activesync without crashing. Seems like I can only get a transfer of 5-6MB before a crash. I assume this application is only for file transfer and I just use a card reader for that.

BTW So Ehud was banned. I was wonder where he went and if he got a 6700. Too bad, but I guess too many egos brused. Can he come back in rehabilitated form? I doubt he would want to.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

I think somone was gunning for him. Read the last post, the "newbie' was pushing all his buttons.

"I saw the stickied threads, but it's just too much to take in...." And then proceeds to ask four questions covered directly by the FAQs.

You know ehud... that is like tossing meat in front of a lion... he just can't resist it.

Just got an XV6600, have a few questions

One feature I like about pocket controller is that it can show you PPC screen on your desktop. This makes it easier to do regedits, rename and adds/deletes/move using my desktop keyboard and screen. I also run SPB time and use the clock display on my desktop. Not to mention quick games you can play at work between Excel screens.
    All in all it is not a Must Need application but it does have its merits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachoo
    Ehud got banned!? Wow, I haven't been on here long but I thought he pretty much kept everyone on topic and in their places... which is also probably why I only have a dozen posts or so...

I did a search for EHUD and he has posting for today so I don't think he is banned.