+ Reply to Thread
    Euphorically Confused

Permanently disable phone funcions and radio?

In weighing my options if an EVDO update does not come out, I decided that I would probably upgrade to a 6700, but keep the 6600 as a media and gps device. In doing so, I would not need any of the phone functions or the radio to conserve battery life.

Does anyone know of a registry edit that would disable all these needless functions? I would like to find something more permanent that would survive soft resets.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

BA with wifi still can't be beat
    How about "flightmode on"?
    SX66 (PH20B1)
    ROM: 1.40.00 WWE
    Radio: 1.13.00

That won't work if he still wants to use bluetooth. That's a stumper - I'll play with mine and see what I can figure out - but I suspect you'll be stuck with having to turn on flight mode
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    If you're moving on to the 6700, you won't be continuing voice and data service on the 6600, will you? That alone should remove any issues as long as you uninstall any programs requiring data/internet access.

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Colonel;

It's got to be possible; PhoneAlarm allows you to turn the radio off while leaving BlueTooth on, and it survives a soft reset.

I'll poke around and see if I come up with anything.

::UPDATE::

No luck with registry settings. I swapped profiles and did an ssnap compare between the two states. There was no detectable difference in the registry settings as a result of PA turning the radio on and off.
    Last edited by EnnuiEnthusiast; 02-27-2006 at 09:36 AM.

Well, if he activates another device on the same phone # that would take care of it too, yeah.
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IanArgent
    Well, if he activates another device on the same phone # that would take care of it too, yeah.
    Is that true? I can understand that he would not be able to receive calls on his 6600 for that number, but activating another phone with the same number wouldn't stop his 6600 from looking for a signal (spending power to do so), would it?

Whoops, I forgot the goal there. No, it wouldn't stop the radio from using power