Closed Thread

Super N00b. got some embarassing ?s

how do you even upgrade the ROM. I have a PPC6600 and i have to perform soft resets at least 3 times a day.

My media player doesnt play media clips, why is that?

how do i convert mp3s to wav? i remember doing with winamp a long time ago but will the size of the song be able to be used for a ring tone?

what about caller id photos. I know there is a better program but how do i dl it on my phone?

forgive my ignorance but i have had this phone for about 2 months and i have not even scratched the surface for the potential of this phone but believe me, i have tried.

school me!

Administrator
    please search the forum and read over the FAQs as this info has been posted many times.

Quote Originally Posted by SeoulSurvivr
    how do you even upgrade the ROM. I have a PPC6600 and i have to perform soft resets at least 3 times a day.

My media player doesnt play media clips, why is that?

how do i convert mp3s to wav? i remember doing with winamp a long time ago but will the size of the song be able to be used for a ring tone?

what about caller id photos. I know there is a better program but how do i dl it on my phone?

forgive my ignorance but i have had this phone for about 2 months and i have not even scratched the surface for the potential of this phone but believe me, i have tried.

school me!
    great thread title, lol!

The included WMP will only play mp3s, wavs, and wmv, nothing more I believe. Use google to search for and download a program called "TCPMP" then install it to your 6600. This program will let you play most media files.

Visit download.com and search for any one of the numerous mp3 -> wav / wav -> mp3 converters. Once it is a wav file, you can use the Windows Sound Recorder program to edit it the length you want then convert it back to mp3. There are also programs out there that will let you edit the mp3 file without having to convert it to a wav file and you can probably download it from the same site.