+ Reply to Thread

Another "Orb Makes My Life Better" story

If you don't have Orb by now, you are missing out....Here is how it made my life better yesterday.

I was on my way home from work, traffic in LA, nuff said. My fiance wanted to watch Bachelor, being a man, I obviosly wanted to watch 24. " No problem honey". I pulled up Orb in my browser, and set up a record session for 24. Got home, had dinner, yada yada. finally, after everyone went to bed, I put my ear buds in my pocket pc, called up my recording of 24 and walked around the house, doing odds and in, watching 24, skipping the commercials, all without bothering anybody. I did two loads of laundry, straightenup up the living room, unloaded the dishwasher, and never missed a second of 24. Granted, the housework was not top quality work, but you get the point.

This morning, it dawned on me. Since I get up at the crack of dawn, and I can't get ready for work and catch the morning news without waking up the entire household...enter Orb. with earbuds, or better yet, bluetooth, I can watch the morning news while I get ready for work, without disturbing anybody.

Are you guys using Share Groups? I'm just now getting into those. Looks very useful.

If you missed last night's 24 episode : here it is.

(The first minute or so is the end of Skating with the Tweebs so be patient.)

Orb really makes life better.

Matt

omg, wow, how the hell did you do that? so you can stream stuff without actually login on to the account?

I am just getting into the sharing within orb...but what I've seen, is pretty amazing...I am wondering if I will even need to push my pictures to these photo sharing sites at all....I really don't think I will....

I was just bored at work and started clicking around the site, settings and playing with stuff....

these guys are going to make a MINT when they start charging for this. I'm sure they're just going to sell the whole thing to Microsoft...

Use it while it's free people, because something this great can't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by sudermatt
    If you don't have Orb by now, you are missing out....Here is how it made my life better yesterday.

I was on my way home from work, traffic in LA, nuff said. My fiance wanted to watch Bachelor, being a man, I obviosly wanted to watch 24. " No problem honey". I pulled up Orb in my browser, and set up a record session for 24. Got home, had dinner, yada yada. finally, after everyone went to bed, I put my ear buds in my pocket pc, called up my recording of 24 and walked around the house, doing odds and in, watching 24, skipping the commercials, all without bothering anybody. I did two loads of laundry, straightenup up the living room, unloaded the dishwasher, and never missed a second of 24. Granted, the housework was not top quality work, but you get the point.

This morning, it dawned on me. Since I get up at the crack of dawn, and I can't get ready for work and catch the morning news without waking up the entire household...enter Orb. with earbuds, or better yet, bluetooth, I can watch the morning news while I get ready for work, without disturbing anybody.

Are you guys using Share Groups? I'm just now getting into those. Looks very useful.

If you missed last night's 24 episode : here it is.

(The first minute or so is the end of Skating with the Tweebs so be patient.)

Orb really makes life better.

Matt
    Ok so I love orb too and all, but on another note, why do you have a WIFE if you are doing all that work HAHAHA!
    T.

Lol

Good point. Maybe he is the house husband,

Boy....I knew I wasn't the only one thinking that! Unloaded the dishwasher......ppppllllaaaaaeeeeaaassssseeee!
    Verizon xv6600

Well, I live in Los Angeles...women are...well...it's just different out here...you need points...Gentlemen...Points....When I want to play golf...I play golf...when I want to go out with the boys...I go...precisely because I help out around the house...

Facts of life on the west coast

You need to listen to Tom Leykis bro its on 97.1fm 3:00pm-8pm. Which is also one of the station I stream (http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/playlists/fmtalki/fmtalkiKLSXFM.asx) on my 6700 (had to trow that streaming comment in there to stay on topic).

This guy does not represent the MEN in Los Angeles, cause I too live here and I still have my balls intact. ("score points", hehe, DUDE your married to her)

No kiddin, BE A MAN! I would post more but I gotta run my wife's calling me...
    Tom

tsk,tsk, lets keep this ON topic please...............
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Journeying to Converged
    orb looks interesting but I don't have a tuner card in my pc but I loved being able to stream from someone else's... my question is ... is there a community of people sharing content ... a directory maybe? Is there anyway to capture the stream? or any stream for that matter.... if this is not a legit question..consider it withdrawn in advance...

Dg
    Verizon XV6600 w/ camera
    Rom: 1.36.00 WWE 1/13/05
    ExtRom: 1.35.113 WWE
    Radio: HA01_151 Prl: 50352

I don't think I can share my TV Stream...only directories and individual files...I can't share my music either...which is probably why they haven't been sued yet.....

So how is the streaming video quality on ORB? Can you do a full window mode?

The stream quality depends on the connection speed...both the uplink from your base box to orb...and the downlink to whatever you're using to view. I have Verizon...I've seen 400 kbps....and it streams wonderfully on full screen on my 6600....

I like using my laptop at home as a personal TV via wifi...I get 750 up and about 500 down...though not perfect...I've watched tv from my bed on my laptop, in full screen mode....

Orb

It does full screen (cause Media player has the full screen option) and the quality depands on your upload speed, unless your streaming localy trough wifi or bluetooth (then its much better). My DSL upload speed can exceed 450kps but I set orb to streem at 400k, In most parts of Los Angeles I am able to get that speed trough EVDO, so no complaints on the quality. Matter of fact I was getting decent picture at around 250k. (I just cant belive Orb is free)

Does anyone know of a good IR blaster(without tunner card) that works with RCA DirecTV systems. I had a bad luck with WinTV150 and the IR blaster that it comes with. This is what I use now to go from my DTV to PC http://www.x10.com/products/x10_va11a.htm, works Great but I still need a way to change channels, then I'll be set.

can you skip to like the middle of a clip.. because everytime i try to it messes itself up

Me too

Same problem here when I try to skip. Would love to know whats causing that, for some reason I remember being able to skip before. hmmm...