+ Reply to Thread

PPC-6601 and RS DigiTraveler

I have the Audiovox PPC-6601 and a RadioShack DigiTraveler and I am trying to connect the 2 togather but I can not seem to find any diagrams on how to make the cable (the DigiTraveler takes a RJ11 connector) If anybody can help me find a diagram on how to wire this it would be great.

I do have a spare connector for the 6601

I can tell you it's possible but unfortunately I can't tell you how. I have the same RS Digitraveler GPS, the PDA version that comes with the Palm and iPaq cables; but I went the easy route. I bought a iPaq to XDA II cable adapter, and am simply using the ipaq cable with it. I also built myself a rj11 to db9 adapter so I could use the gps with my laptop's serial port. All in all works out nicely and easily. There's only three serial pins to figure out, and once you get that working, all is golden. Here's a howto link for the XDA I, I think the pinouts should be similar but no guarantees.

http://www.yorch.net/Digitravel.htm

regards,
    -e

Thank you for your reply and the link

Sadly I no longer have the cords that came with the GPS so I will have to see if i can find a diagram of the cable the link talks about. This is not as much of a big deal now being that I have a Bluetooth GPS that my step dad bought for me in the mail