+ Reply to Thread

xv6600 disassembly

Anyone know how to take an xv6600 apart? I some how got some dirt on the inside of the cam lens and would like to clean it. I wouldn't bother with it but, it shows up on the image.

http://pdasmart.zftp.com/
    From here, you can download the .pdf file for complete disassembly instructions. The file itself is nearly 9mb else i would've just attached it for you. Good luck to you. I mean it, realy. The reassembly is the "fun" part. XD

p.s. by any chance, would you or anyone else know where i would be able to find the black casing for this phone? I'd like to swich mine. I like the look of the black version over the silver.
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

A Black Version has been discussed a bunch- I agree it would look pretty cool... but it also sounds pretty much impossible:
    How can I paint my phone Black withot any damage
    enjoy
    z

Thanks for the link. Unfortunatly,Ivecome across this site already and they are more or less talking about painting thier harriers rather then switching the casings. Im looking for just the casing from the GSM models. PDA2k or Q-tech 9090. Any ideas on where i may be able to find just the housings for these units rather then the phone itself? Im feeling the all matt black housing . =} but would rather purchase a new housing unit rather then the used phone or damaged phone as the casing most likely wont be in prime condition. BTW, hows the disassembly going? =) or better yet, the reassembly? =)~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xv6600 disassembly-img.jpg  
    Last edited by Jago; 03-08-2006 at 12:47 AM.
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

Yeah there is a brief mention of someone looking for a black model as well and it appears they gave up...

But now that I've seen that picture I'm pretty damn interested too! Unfortunately this is one of those Impossible Googles - as case or cover yield millions of useless results...

Let me know if you come across anything
    z

Does anybody sell a replacement case/shell for the 6600? I've some findings, sorry, its a lil late n im too lazy to retype my findings but its all there =)
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151