+ Reply to Thread

PLEASE HELP! Volume button broken

I bought my xv6600 from ebay ($140). When I received it everything was fine. Later that day when I got a phone call, I went to turn the volume down by using the button on the side and it was just loose, easily moving up and down and not changing the volume at all. I took it to the mall to the little phone place and had the guy there open it up and we looked at it but couldn't figure out what was wrong. I know I can turn the volume up and down on the screen but I would prefer to use the button. Any suggestions?

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but my No. 1 suggestion would be: Don't buy any more expensive electronic goods on eBay. Still, if you paid only $140 for it, and the volume switch is the only problem, maybe you did OK.

I wish I could offer a more constructive answer. Maybe someone else can.
    Last edited by SeaRaven; 03-09-2006 at 12:27 AM.

that volume slider is relatively delicate. Mine is broken, and I've opened the case to look... there's no easy way to repair that. It's basically a thin piece of plastic on the switch catching on to the external toggle.

Same thing happened to me. Got caught in my pocket. It was some adjustment but I've had to get used to life without it. I have been asking around about parts but I've had no luck. If I ever do come across a solution, I'll be sure to post it