+ Reply to Thread

hack to increase voice memo time?

Hi, i'm a hockey player, but i'm playing golf today (props to happy g)

actually, i'm a 6700 but i'm playing 6600 today for a friend. is there a hack to increase the voice memo time recording time? I can only find ways to increase video rec time.

Thanks!

btw she's xv6600 if it makes a difference
    ppc6700 (R.I.P. 6600)
    Sprint

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Out of curiosity, how much voice memo time does your friend need? There's at least one thread in this forum that says they got 13 hours on a 1GB SD card. I haven't verified it myself, but have gone over an hour several times (including one accidental recording that lasted most of a flight from STL to DC).

As far as I know, Voice Memo recording is limited by 1) Available storage, 2) Audio compression rates, and 3) Power. Is your friend running into some other limit?

it seems to be cutting off after 30 seconds. her faveorite song is benny and the jets, and she recorded elton john performing it live (don't tell the riaa!) but had to do it in four separate notes. (I don't get it either, it's a horrible recording, mostly crowd noise, but it raised the question on recoding length.
    ppc6700 (R.I.P. 6600)
    Sprint

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Hmmm. Any chance you could do some testing? It shouldn't be cutting out after 30 seconds.

If she (or you) have an SD card, try recording to the card. In case you're not familiar with how to do it (or if someone else is searching this in the future), you can set the storage location by clicking on "Tools->Options" from the main notes page. Change the "Save to:" drop down to Storage Card. From there, you can also access the "Global Input Options" and click on the "Options" tab to choose the voice recording format.

BTW, wouldn't any Elton John song qualify as a "horrible recording?"