+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Moving on to the 6700...

Just wanted to Thank all of you who have helped me for the past year get the most out of my XV660. The circumstances for my upgrade were unfortunate but Verizon left me no choice and were accomodating in allowing me to pay the promotional rate within my first year.

To all the people who contributed for hacks, rom updates, programs, etc I thank you very much. I have learned a great deal from all of you. Thanks again.

This is by far the best site for the PPC PE

I will be in the 6700 Forum from now on.

Rick
    XV6700- Awesome!

Will the last person to leave this forum please turn out the light.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Mobile Technology Unit INHUMANITY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryyyyy
    Will the last person to leave this forum please turn out the light.
    I ain't going nowhere! If my 6600 ever takes a **** on me I'm replacing it with another 6600. Thank god for eBay. I don't think I could ever see myself switching to the 6700. The screen is way to small for me. Bugs aside, I've had my 6600 for about two weeks now and love it!

I feel the same way. My 6600 is working perfectly, and I don't want to have to invest in all the accessories all over again. I'm sticking until a VGA device comes out!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

I agree also. I am going to keep mine, but I see why Sprint did not invest in the EVDO upgrade. Check the number of people on this forum: currently 4 members/22 guests while on 6700 forum it is 31 memebers and 70 guests.

I guess there will be a lot on eBay for a while if worse comes to worse. I could not handle the small display. There are a lot of better machines coming out soon, but I suspect Sprint will just keep the 6700 as the main PDA alternative for a while. Anyway, I have a year to run on my contract.

PS Maybe the reason so many sign into the 6700 forum is there are that many more problems with the 6700.
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

PS Maybe the reason so many sign into the 6700 forum is there are that many more problems with the 6700.
    Yeah that is always a possibility.

My take between the two devices is that they both offer different things to different people. I would love evdo and wifi so I am going to wait for something that has a little bit bigger screen.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600--> PPC 6600

Using the EVDO ROM I hit EVDO speeds in the Bay Area without any problems! Whether I surf through the phone or my laptop the speed is awesome!

Not sure you are really getting EVDO speeds on a 6600, if so you are the first. I cannot complain for $10 a month I get 100k speeds at 1X often in the Bay Area, which is all I need for e-mail. I rarely look at web pages except Google searches.
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Not sure you are really getting EVDO speeds on a 6600, if so you are the first. I cannot complain for $10 a month I get 100k speeds at 1X often in the Bay Area, which is all I need for e-mail. I rarely look at web pages except Google searches.
    I went straight to Microsoft's MSDN site to download Windows XP as a test.

The max. speed I hit was 400KB'ish. Very happy with it. I rarely ever use it too, but it was nice just to see it in action.

Go sell crazy somewhere else ... austinbrady's Avatar
    I've upgraded too I think...
    Verizon made the choice for me.
    I called WDTS to see about getting another device
    because of screen whine for the second time.
    A new 6600 may have fixed this, but I doubt it.
    It seems every one (6600) has some problem of some sort.
    I've had 6. Yes 6, and three were new devices.
    Problems ranged from screen whine - no internal battery detected.
    All of them had issues with answering calls.
    I loved the device for many reasons and hated it for others.
    Well to make a long story longer...
    Verizon WDTS filled the three strike replacement request form
    (pink, yellow, white and mauve copies) in triplicate and requested
    a new (different) device be shipped out.
    I received a call eight hours later and was left a message stating, "We are out of 6600's and the next closest match is a Samsung i730. We will overnight you a brand new one Monday. Good luck.

Well I guess I'll be over on the other side learning from 'MRAILING'.
    Seem like I've got a lot to learn.
    Good luck people!
    With Respect,
    A.
    Best Regards,
    Peace and Prosperity
    Austin A. Brady

if you can read this you've selected text!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by austinbrady
    I've upgraded too I think...
    Verizon made the choice for me.
    I called WDTS to see about getting another device
    because of screen whine for the second time.
    A new 6600 may have fixed this, but I doubt it.
    It seems every one (6600) has some problem of some sort.
    I've had 6. Yes 6, and three were new devices.
    Problems ranged from screen whine - no internal battery detected.
    All of them had issues with answering calls.
    I loved the device for many reasons and hated it for others.
    Well to make a long story longer...
    Verizon WDTS filled the three strike replacement request form
    (pink, yellow, white and mauve copies) in triplicate and requested
    a new (different) device be shipped out.
    I received a call eight hours later and was left a message stating, "We are out of 6600's and the next closest match is a Samsung i730. We will overnight you a brand new one Monday. Good luck.

Well I guess I'll be over on the other side learning from 'MRAILING'.
    Seem like I've got a lot to learn.
    Good luck people!
    With Respect,
    A.
    Hopefully you're happy with your new phone.

I've wanted to ask about the internal battery. Is it an actual battery inside the unit that's non-replaceable by the end user?

Is there a site out there with internal pics of the 6600? I'd love to see what it looks like on the inside.

Well i'm going on about 6 months with my xv6600 now and i absolutly love it. i think the reason that i wouldn't switch, as seems the norm, is i love the screen as well. Mainly because i take alot of notes with it in class. i love the ability to switch from typing to drawing and the larger screen allows me to throw it in landscape mode and draw pretty freely a flow diagram or whatever the case may be. most people that see my phone ask how in the world i can carry it around, then i ask them how they live without the PDA functions. to me it's thin enough to be thrown in my pocket and not bother me. this is by far the best phone i've ever owned and the day i have to upgrade will be a sad one for me.

I am still here. My 6600 is still working fine. My hubby has the 6700 and he seems to have more frustration than I do. I will wait until something new comes out. Wasn't there a phone that was like the ppc but folded open to the screen and keyboard??
    :butterfly :karate:

DLD

6600 vs 6700

Its been about 5 days now and I have to say this, I am running alot more apps on the main memory than I could with the 6600, that does impress. I am waiting on my 1 gb mini-sd card to load up some mp3's, games etc.

I too was skeptical about the screen size but after playing around with it this weekend I came to realize its not as bad as I first thought. The form facto is better to handle and the keyboard(which I never used on the 6600) is also alot better. But these things have all been discussed ad-nasuem.

My reasoning behind swtiching, the bottom of my 6600 landed in small puddle, while I pulled it out within seconds, the backup battery and main battery were affected. I dried them out, replaced the backup battery and visited my Verizon store to try and get a new battery. Everything for the XV6600 was pulled from the shelves and they had nothing in stock. I called Customer Service, and went thru 3 people before the explained that they dont even have replacement units on site, they would have to be sent from a third party who refrubishes them. It was then that I started to think about switching units. Still under warranty and no guarantess that the refrubished unit would be BUG free. So not wanting to go thru several devices then do the ROM Upgrades, etc. I decided it was time to make the switch.

The pic attached is the unit at my office. If I remove it from the cradle the battery lasts 20 minutes with nothing running.[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\rick.AUTO\Desktop[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moving on to the 6700...-xv6600.jpg  
    XV6700- Awesome!

I do LOVE the form factor and the keyboard better on my husband's phone. The screen size isn't a HUGE downfall.... but it is just a little too similar to make a switch. I will just wait and see what comes out.
    :butterfly :karate:

DLD

Crossing Over

Well guys it's been fun I've enjoyed this forum but now that sprint has givem me a new PPC 6700 for only $100 bucks to renew my contract, I have to say see you later.......I am now crossing over to the other side...........lol maybe I'll see old Ehud on the other side..............Naaaaaaaaaa I doubt it.........take care guys.........
    My Momma alway said " Downloading unknown software on you PPC 6700 is like opening a Box of Chocolates.......You never know what you're gonna Get"..........

I'll be the last one here. Have a good time with the new toy. I read that forum anyhow since its where all the new software etc. shows up.
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

I expect to stay with my 6601 until it breaks and replacements are no longer available, or a decent clamshell device becomes available (not holding my breath on that one).
    Mick

Forever Confused
    Well that just happened to me. Broke my screen and they didn't have any 660xs in stock. I ended up with a 6700. It ain't the way I would of liked it.

I'm staying here for the long haul. It's working too good now, and I don't need to spend all the bucks on mini cards and new accessories!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G