+ Reply to Thread

xbackup filesharing error

I try to backup ALL the data on my PPC 6600 smart phone using xbackup.
    Everytime, I get a file sharing error.
    I have done about 15 soft resets, so please don't advise me to do another soft reset

I am trying to reach some kind of tech support but Sprint, (the people who sold me the phone say they don't tech support the device!!!) and I have been unsuccessful in finding the company who wrote the software, so I can't contact them for tech support either.

I have looked into Sprite, but they seem to have a significant number of unresolved issues too, so I am not exactly thrilled with the idea of spending $30 to download a program that may not work any better than the one I already have.

Does anyone know how to actually resolve the file sharing error?
    How do you contact xbackup?
    How far can you throw this phone????????

Thanks

no, not the dreaded second page

I have learned that if you don't keep your question on the front page, it rarely gets answered.

Help me, help me before I am archived into the land of nothingness

Euphorically Confused
    http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...earchid=100945

It does not appear that this was resloved. Sprite is worth the money.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

FP, I mean this in the kindest way possible: Life's Too Short, go ahead and get the Sprite back-up software and be done with it. I was major irritated to have to purchase additional software when there was back up program already installed, but if it doesn't work (for me, it didn't) then its of no use. Since the xback stops to dialogue every time it hits a file sharing error, I had to literally watch the back up non-stop to get it done. With Sprite:

1. The back up process is fast.
    2. You can schedule the backup to occur nightly so you always have reasonably fresh data.
    3. It can create an executable file on a storage card. One tap and you're back up running quickly in the event of a hard re-se.

Like I said, I groused about having to buy it, but in the end its worth it.

Hope this helps

Thumbs up xbackup error fixed here

This morning I found my PPC6600 dead as a doornail because of a dead battery, and had to restore from an old backup I had using xbackup. After doing so and updating my data, I went to do a backup and at 45%, got the dreaded filesharing error. I shut down all processes runing and tried again, still got error. Then I tried with bluetooth off, activesync off and phone in flight mode and it worked......go figure...!!

I recently purchased sprite backup.
    It had worked easily and quickly.
    I recommend it over xbackup 100:1
    Thanks to all of you who advised me for both, helping me with xbackup and the recommendation to buy sprite.
    One thing about sprite: BE VERY CAREFUL AND BUY THE RIGHT SPRITE FOR YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM. But that's another story...
    Faithfully Yours.

This has worked for me every time:
    - delete pIE cached files (pIE: tools - options - memory - delete files)
    - soft reset
    - start xBackup
    Verizon XV6700 - Sony HBH660 - Globalsat BT338 GPS - AData 2GB miniSD - Parrot CK3100.

Three important things about backup on a 6600: Sprite Sprite and Sprite.

I also used the Sunnysoft product, and it is not as reliable on the 6600. Sprite, I guess does not work on the 6700, but Sunnysoft does, last time I looked.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

I had the same aggravating file sharing error. I finally purchased SPB Backup. Like Sprite, which is described in earlier posts, it creates an executable file and it can be scheduled to run on a regular basis, such as overnight when the device is not in use.

It also completes the backup in a few minutes, as opposed to xbackup which seemed to take forever to finish.

I'm pleased with my purchase.