+ Reply to Thread

push Mail will be great and all but....

what we REALLY need is a client that will

1. check our account(s) for new mail
    2. Execute a third party app to retrieve email.

I use Qmail. The native mail client is just too limited in storage and featrues to really be useful as a real email client.

Anyone heard of such a thing?
    Or have any bright ideas?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by sudermatt
    what we REALLY need is a client that will

1. check our account(s) for new mail
    2. Execute a third party app to retrieve email.

Matt
    There is a service to receive mail "As it Arrives" but you need to be using exchange server. The ActiveSync on exchange server will communicate directly with your XV6600. I believe it actually sends a hidden SMS message to your phone. Once received, your phone does a Sync and retrieves the new messages. It will also sync Calendar and Contact.

If you don't have easy access to and exchange server, you can pay for a single account at www.1and1.com. I don't know if they are the best provider, but they seem to work well. I think forward all of my email accounts to that mail box.
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

www.mail2web.com

Offers 1GB of storage and ActiveSync OTA for free, and is only 1.99 a month for more expanded services.
    PDA Phone History:
    Toshiba 2032SP (2003-2005) -> Hitachi G1000 (2005) -> PPC-6600 (2005-2006) -> PPC-6700 (2006 - 8 days to be exact) -> Treo 700wx

I tried mail2web.com and it is an awsome service. my kudos to them.
    unfortunatly, i did not like that i could not set my reply-to email address, you had to use theirs, but if you forward all your email over there its great or move your domain over there.

If you do use an imap connection on your pocket outlook, you can install VGSmail
    http://www.vgsmail.com/ppc/

this will sit on your pc and use the imap servers idle feature to do a kind of push.
    and you know what? it seems to work great.

I also read that WebIS mail is working on implementing this feature into their mail client.
    Tanguy de Courson