+ Reply to Thread

test on the voice command over bluetooth issue

I look in this forum everyday where people put forth an effort to get this to work, I did some testing of my own, NOTE THIS WILL TURN YOUR PHONE INTO A BRICK SO DONT DO IT IF YOUR NOT A PC DUDE!!!!

Heres what I found, first backup you cprog.exe in your windows folder, then if you rename the voicecmd.exe to cprog.exe on this xv6600 and drop into windows folder and over write and say yes, next time you hit your headset button it starts voice command by the headset and or by the phone

Heres the draw back, yes it activates voice command and you say the name it will dial it but you have no service anymore, meaning if you did not backup cprog.exe you have a xv6600 brick, You can hit the reset and power button to restore your phone back to normal. I was hoping somebody with the same interest would help me out with this.

Has anybody tryed making the button on the bluetooth headsets start voice command? From the sounds of this if you do that it may transfer the audio... i could be (and probaly am) wrong

If anybody has done this could you post how .. even if it does not transfer the audio i think this will work for me being the mic on the pda has a good range.
    Last edited by smv1978; 03-15-2006 at 10:20 PM.

thats what Im saying, by renaming the voicecmd.exe to cprog.exe, WHEN I HIT THE bluetooth answer button on the headset it starts up the voice mic, I dont hit anything but the bluetooth button on the headset. Ill say a contact and it acts like it will dial but there is no service.

If somebody can figure out how to get service then were all set.

voicecommand looks for this cprog.exe, I believe there are hidden registry entries that hide this file

I do not know how to do this myself

can you rename the cprog.exe something like cprog1.exe point the registry to it for the phone then rename voicecmd to cprog.exe?

I do not know how to access the rom files .. I try to copy them and it says it is not allowed

tired

same here, it says that the files are in rom and cannot be copied, Ive read every bt voice command thread and did exactly those steps, I cant copy the file but windows will let you over right, kinda silly

Found a program called resouce tuner that lets you view commands in exe and dll, found interesting things about hfpu and btag files. You guys should check out this program,

Good luck, this research is killing me, ill have to let it go after while

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    If you rename javaw.exe to explorer.exe on your
    windows PC, then when it comes up it will start Java.
    Of course it's completely worthless, but IT WILL START JAVA.

Ehud

Has everybody given up on this?
    At this point I really do not care if the audio comes across the headset for Voice Command but I would really like the button on the headset to activate Voice Command.

Fully Converged
    yes we have given up. At some point I may try some kind of grafting of the 6700's method for BT over VC onto the 6600 but at this point it is dead. Run a search for Standard Audio and you'll see the previous thread I had with everything I've tried
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

All I can tell you is that there is a file or registry entry that says when the button is dbl clicked the cprog is called, when i renamed voicecmd to cprog the voice came up instead, but there is no service,

I found some interesting bluetooth commands under the BTAGExtModule.dll, if I were to get my hands on some development tools I believe we could add voice command funtions in.

This is the link that helix139 spoke of: Bluetooth and Voice Command/Standard Audio WORKING

It seems like I rember seeing somewhere that it would be easy to map Voice Command to the Bluetooth button (just the activation not the transfer of audio) and was wondering if anybody knew how to do this

In my case I am not too woried about the audio over the headset being the mic picks up good enough to use the commands... It is just a pain to hit the power button then the Voice Command button when driving