+ Reply to Thread

Verizon killed insurance without notification / Repair Advice sought

I bought my xv6600 around Spring last year, and a few months later a friend of mine also purchased one. I bought my from a local independent dealership and my friend purchased his from an official Verizon store.

Today my friend cracked his LCD (it's looking bad), and went to the Verizon store he bought it from... they told him he didn't have insurance. He knows he had insurance because I insisted that he get it.

So he went and checked his bills and sure enough the Lockline $5.00 is just absent. I went online to check mine and saw that they are also no longer charging me the $5.00.

Has anyone else noticed that Verizon has just mysteriously cancelled the insurance? I did a search here and saw that they will after filing 2 claims within a 12 month period, but neither of us have ever filed any claim at all.

Second question to the crowd, can anyone recommend a reliable site for all the parts needed to replace a screen (including tools).

pocketpctech can repair your phone for about $250. i had a similar repair done in november. they may offer the parts to repair it yourself but i felt it was better to let t em do it. there should be a link to them on this site.

For Sprint, Lockline has changed their charges several times since the fall of last year, they did one in august, another in october, and then again in January. At least for Sprint when they change the price the codes have to be changed and i know of several customers who lost their coverage in January due to the system not adding the new code when the old one expired. I would ask Verizon CS to check the account, ask them if Lockline did price changes or anything that would have caused their billing system to remove the coverage to change its name, or price, or anything and if it was simply a computer error that it was never added back on. Alternatly you can call Lockline and ask them the same thing. I dont know about Verizon, but i would imagin it would be the same as Sprints policy with them or at least very similar.

I just looked (I was currious...)

Family share plan, one PDA phone, one free dohicky (cheap POS...)

The CPOS had WPP insurance for 4.99
    My 6600 has TEC insurance for 5.99

What's the difference?
    I have no idea... I thought I was still with Asureon.... :blink:
    @#$@ upgrades... now I gotta write a new poem :rolleyes:
    <a href="http://www.deviantart.com/view/8708895/">My I-700 makes YOUR phone look like poo.</a>

My suggestion, is if you have a problem with insurance not being on there you take it up with Lockline if it ever showed up on your bill, there is precious little your provider can do when it comes to lockline issues, and remember don't get upset at the rep keep a positive upbeat tone, they like that and will be more willing to help you that if you go in there and scream and curse their names

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Also, you might wish to remember that the responsibility to Ensure that your phone is Insured is yours. If you don't Ensure that it's Insured and and it ends up you need Insurance that you didn't Ensure you had, you have only yourself to blame.

Feel free to use this posting as a poster child of the difference between Ensure and Insure. It won't be here long.

Ehud
    PS No, really, I'm serious. What, you want me to cover the Effects of not properly understanding how to Affect your insurance coverage?

I'm currently with Sprint but had been considering switching to Verizon several months ago to get an EVDO version of the 6600. I was told by Verizon CS that they did not offer insurance on many of the high $$ PDA phones. You may want to contact them to verify if this is accurate.
    Last edited by rossarmstrong; 03-23-2006 at 11:17 AM.
    Abandoned Sprint over failure to update PPC6600. Now with Cingular using the 8525 at HSDPA speeds!

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    My company has 3 6600s insured with Verizon.
    E

just wondered how you made out.

the exact thing happened to me actually and i was wondering if you made any progress...oh, and about that special number to lockline...they didn't do crap for me! i offered to pay back months and show them the phone but they wouldn't hear of it. "sorry, sir. that's our policy." whatever.