+ Reply to Thread

Question anyone ever heard of swelldisk or tried it?

I searched and s=didnt see anything except on the i730 forums n they all thought the guy was out of his mind. LOL I was doin my normal rounds online (bored at work) and came across a this 'thing' called swelldisk.
    http://www.swelldisk.com/
    It says that it is supposed to compress your memorycard. (CF/SD/minisd/etc) compressing files when ever stored on the card and uncompressing them as they are being used. So they say that it is supposed to basicaly increase the capacity of your card by 300% by using this method. I was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of this or possibly even tried it out? for wm2003/se its going for 50 bucks. Curiosity................ you know?....... It killed the cat......"meoww........" m>(x_X)<m
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

If that was the case and it did work, it would hugely impact performance. Not to mention if you already have compressed data on the card, zip files, backups, etc, they can't be compressed again with any improvement on size.

if they claim up to 300% i would say ya, with nothing but word documents.

spend the money on a bigger card. dont waste your time with this.

can't get a bigger card. The 4gb i have is the biggest i've seen. lol i was jus wondering if anyones heard of this before. Ive plenty of room on my card but i wouldnt turn down the option of extra =P (nah, i ainy greddy0 =)~
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

Have to agree with robplatt,
    If u rememeber in Windows 98 there was an option to compress the drive up to something like 64x or close to that. What did that give u except a headach, about 2megs extra for running the computer for about 10 hours compressing the 20gig hard drive.
    U dont need it.
    Kolyan

PPC 6600 + 1Gb SD
    Believe me - that is a piece for ****.
    I tried this program. I have 1 Gb SD card. It shows that my card is 3Gb. But I was unable to write more then 1 Gb. It just says "Not enough spase" showing 2Gb free.
    So it is fraud.
    I spent couple hours playing with this program. All time the same.
    And more over. It encodes your data. So after you remove the program you may loose all you have.

thanks vluzhko. sorry to hear that you were swindled. XD Unfortunatly, some people need to take a hit trying something new and warn the masses and unfortunatly it was you on this one. Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for takin one for the team. Hope everything else works out for you.
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151