Closed Thread

What are the benefits of upgrading your radio stack?

So i did several searches on this and read through threads i thought would have useful information about radio stacks. but i'm tired of going through every post on so many threads and only seeing info on how to upgrade and how people don't know how to upgrade and various things like that. haven't found my answer yet.

so what does the newer radio stacks do? does it help reception? or does it have some other benefit from an older stack? any help would be much appreciated! please don't tell me upgrading gives you "the latest and greatest" because that's not really any specific useful information and isn't always true. thanx though.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I'm sorry, that information is classified. The only thing
    we're allowed to tell people who can't use search is
    "It gives you the latest and greatest."

By the way, that is always true.

>thankx

That's not a word.

Ehud

Quote Originally Posted by Ehud
    I'm sorry, that information is classified. The only thing
    we're allowed to tell people who can't use search is
    "It gives you the latest and greatest."

By the way, that is always true.

>thankx

That's not a word.

Ehud
    ahahah omg you're so witty. like i said i did several searches using the tags "radiostack"/"radio stack" in conjuction with a few other tags trying to find my answer. I mostly read about people asking where to get radio stacks, how to upgrade, problems with their upgrades, etc. These were the threads with subject lines i thought would be at least close to relevant to my question. or maybe i really don't know how to use search. should i just randomly click a thread that has no apparent connection to my question hoping to find my answer? Should i have just clicked on the thread "Bluetooth Lowers System Volume"? If thats the way to do it, why start/stop there? since you're the expert at search, why don't you just use the time and energy you spent posting this reply with a suggested search tag instead?

and by the way, you may have experienced your harrier upgrades to always be "the latest and greatest" but what i meant was that upgrades in general, not just for the harrier, does not always mean "better." For that reason, i would say "its the latest and greatest" is never a sufficient answer to someone asking why they should upgrade something they own whether it be computer software or household electronics. When someone asks "why" it's not because they're afraid the upgrade might not be "the latest" or that it might not be "the greatest"

anyways, it would seem you act this way to discourage people from asking age-old questions without supposedly searching, and thus, clutter the forum with junk threads. however your hypocricy is evident due to the fact that this thread was nearly at the bottom of the first page of threads and would likely never be seen again. yet you took the oppurtunity to feed your ego with your reply and thereby bumping this thread to to top of the page. by doing this you increased the longevity of this thread and its ability to "clutter" the forums. again for the sake of your ego. almost ironic though isn't it?

>...ego.
    No, that wasn't it. Sorry.
    > almost
    Please capitalize the first word of a new sentence.
    > ironic though
    "though" here is redundant
    > isn't it.
    No, it's certainly not irony you're pointing to.

Thanks for your nice long post. You may wish to reflect on the
    old adage about being thought a fool... or proving yourself one.

Cheers.

E
    PS The information you didn't search for is still there. The answers
    you believe you are due or 'owed' are still there. Your failure to find
    them reflects not poorly on those who don't spoon-feed it to you... but
    on you for not bothering to find that which you seek.

>...ego.
    No, that wasn't it. Sorry.
    > almost
    Please capitalize the first word of a new sentence.
    > ironic though
    "though" here is redundant
    > isn't it.
    No, it's certainly not irony you're pointing to.

Thanks for your nice long post. You may wish to reflect on the
    old adage about being thought a fool... or proving yourself one.

Cheers.

E
    PS The information you didn't search for is still there. The answers
    you believe you are due or 'owed' are still there. Your failure to find
    them reflects not poorly on those who don't spoon-feed it to you... but
    on you for not bothering to find that which you seek.
    if not to feed your own ego then why else do you bump old threads that contain little to no useful content only to mock its posters with your sarcasm? why else do post replies after replies that consist of little to no useful information only to correct people's grammar on an internet message board? and though there are those who never bother to use the search function, why do you continue to insist that a given user does not use the search function even after they have clearly stated so as i have done twice? so that you can continue to bash on people? agiain for what other purpose if not for feeding your own ego. and if you don't see the irony in the fact that you contribute to the forum's clutter by rebuking those who clutter the forums then.... well... perhaps you're just in denial of the truth of the matter and so it wouldn't seem ironic to you.

simply not being able to find my answer does not mean i did not "bother" to find what i seek. oh wait, what are you gonna say now? let me guess... the answer is there and i haven't found it yet so obviously i have not "bothered" to do it right? if you want to continue to insist that i have not "bothered" to find my answer yet i have gone through dozens of threads already, then what is your definition of "bothered?" Does "bother" mean to do several searches and click on every thread that pops up for each different search? Then go through them all in order to be absolutely certain that the answer is NOT there and THEN post a new thread? really, what is your definition of "bother?"

and by the way, if anyone else thinks i am a fool for what i say, or even a fool for posting messages in a similar way as to how i conversate in person, then by all means, speak up.

Wow, all those "why" questions, and you still won't search for the answers (that are still there).

You had a question. I provided an answer. I'm sorry you didn't like the answer, and I'm sorry you're upset that the act of answering your question bumped your thread.

Next time instead of saying "Here's a new thread asking why I should upgrade my
    radio stack... and don't tell me it's because I'll have a upgraded radio stack"
    perhaps you'll start a thread about something new and not previously discussed.
    Then, if it gets answered weeks later, you'll jump for joy instead of going on some
    ADHD-induced multi-page illiterate response.

> and by the way, if anyone else thinks i[sic] am a fool
    don't forget. Few are able to say what they think without risk of being removed from this board by the nazis.
    > as to how i[sic] conversate[sic]... speak up.

Yeah. Back to first grade for you.

E

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    don't forget. Few are able to say what they think without risk of being removed from this board by the nazis.
    Yeah. Back to first grade for you.

E
    And back to the land of the banned for you. It amazes me that someone so smart as you (and I do genuinely believe you are a very smart person) is unable to deal with simple instructions. I have made it perfectly clear that it is not YOUR job to personally make everyone that isn't as smart as you, feel like an idiot. Apparantly being banned for several weeks didn't do the trick. It is a shame, because you seem to have a good sense of humor and a lot of knowledge, unfortunately you have no self control and that is not going to work out for us here. I wish you well, and thank you for the positive contributions you have made to the site in the past. If you ever decide you would like to participate again, feel free to contact me.
    Mike - Been Converged?