+ Reply to Thread

Wink 6600 sync and drivers software

Can anyone help me? I just aquired a PCC 6600 that does not have the original software install CD. I have been hunting around and can not seem to find anywhere that I can get the drivers and Sync software. I tried searching the treads before this posting and I have not found anything yet. Please help a newbie out. I am so anxious to get my life more organized. (okay the real thing is I want to play with my new toy.) Thanks for your help!- Tessa

Tessava,

The only software that you are going to need to sync with your pc is Microsoft ActiveSync. You can download this right from Microsoft. You may also want to check out www.pocketgear.com and www.handago.com as a good source for other software for PocketPc's and Smart Phones.

Good Luck....
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

Talking

Thanks! The original owner actually found the software for me so I lucked out. I have learned so much going through these posts. Is there a way to lock down the screen while it is idle but easy enough to answer a call comming in? It seems that this one is so sensitive that the wind blows and it opens a new screen........argh!

Yes there is a way to lock down the screen. Go to Start>Settings>System Tab>Button Lock and turn the button lock on. The phone will automatically wake from sleep when a call comes in.